PDA

View Full Version : Many clones - Animation

sidewing
10-12-2005, 02:25 PM
Several people in this forum gave me advice to buy HD_Instance.

Below a link to the result of this plugin (and much modeling and animation).

www.virtuegraphics.com/Paul/Kusters_Export_3.zip

it is a short part of an animation created for a client.

Thanks,

John

shaol
10-12-2005, 03:31 PM
way to big of a file.

DragonFist
10-12-2005, 08:44 PM
Poster child for Getright.

david_B
10-12-2005, 10:07 PM
Man, that zip file's bigger than that copy of Maya I downloaded last week! Ba-dum tish.

Thanks guys, I'm here all week.

Starlost
10-13-2005, 12:03 AM
Perhaps you might consider posting some screen shots instead, I've seen killer demo reels that were only like 20 megs tops. But 198megs.....

sidewing
10-13-2005, 12:59 AM
Yep you are right. Little large...

Ok, try this one.

www.virtuegraphics.com/Paul/Kusters_Export_5.zip

I forgot I was still stuck in the 21st century with slow internet...

Stooch
10-13-2005, 08:41 AM
Interesting concept and nice effects.

But the pacing is off. doesnt really match the music. i think some of those flyby shots need to be faster. also the camera moves are too abrupt too. easiest solution is to either get a slower beat or just play with speedup in aftereffects with some DOF and motion blur effects.

upping the contrast might help it pop too.

Schwing
10-13-2005, 11:21 AM
Add a moving displacement map to the paper money to make them deform. Stiff bills falling so static makes me remember some cheap car commercials I used to see. Paper is dynamic as it falls through air. :thumbsup:

sidewing
10-13-2005, 12:57 PM
Actually the paper was only moving slow but the camera moved fast. But agree with you. Good idea though. I will give it a shot.

Schwing
10-13-2005, 01:55 PM
After thinking about it, paper not only deforms but also changes X and Z directions while traveling along Y at varied velosities. If you can pull it off it would look wild. If not, the shear size a quantity is still pretty wow. :)

Captain Obvious
10-13-2005, 02:07 PM
Woah, that is a lot of instances! I have only one critisism: add some motion blur.

spec24
10-14-2005, 11:05 AM
After thinking about it, paper not only deforms but also changes X and Z directions while traveling along Y at varied velosities. If you can pull it off it would look wild. If not, the shear size a quantity is still pretty wow. :)

not if it's in space - which it kinda looks like to me. As the camera pulled away the "debris" looped up - reminded me of the rings of Saturn maybe. That'd be kinda cool. Pass the camera through all this money and pull out to see Saturn. :) Not sure what kind of commentary that would be but sure would be cool :D

Schwing
10-14-2005, 12:13 PM
not if it's in space - which it kinda looks like to me.

In that case they may rotate at a constant rate. But if all those pieces were rotating, even slightly, I thing it would add quite a dynamic effect. If you could get all those pieces to rotate at a constant but random velocity and orientation. Like asteriods in a belt.

dballesg
10-14-2005, 12:37 PM
Hi,

Really nice animation, I suposse you have made the character reconstruction compositing the clip in reverse, and that you made dissapear the character with a clip map?

I would like to know if you did it that way or not?.

Cheers, David.

spec24
10-14-2005, 02:12 PM
In that case they may rotate at a constant rate. But if all those pieces were rotating, even slightly, I thing it would add quite a dynamic effect. If you could get all those pieces to rotate at a constant but random velocity and orientation. Like asteriods in a belt.

:agree: But only if they had been acted upon by another body :)

Schwing
10-14-2005, 02:18 PM
:agree: But only if they had been acted upon by another body :)

You got it Sir Newton. That's why I said "may rotate" meaning they might or might not. :D

IgnusFast
10-14-2005, 04:27 PM
Several people in this forum gave me advice to buy HD_Instance.

Below a link to the result of this plugin (and much modeling and animation).

www.virtuegraphics.com/Paul/Kusters_Export_3.zip

it is a short part of an animation created for a client.

Thanks,

John

Only thing that really bothered me is the end--I loved how the guy was constructed from the stream, but weren't the particles moving away from him as he was materializing? Seems like they should have been flowing in to create him.