PDA

View Full Version : GSHL not in modeler ?

F1Racer
10-11-2005, 03:56 PM
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but how come we have GSHL support in Layout and not in the Open GL windows of Modeler ?

Lewis
10-11-2005, 04:54 PM
That's because Modeler don't have same OpenGl like layout. Modeler's openGL is older and not so good (read it SLOW) but from all 9.0 demos and announcements it looks like main work on modeler is scheduled for Lw9 (edges, opengl ....)

I'd like to have it NOW too but we modelers will need to have little more patience :).

cheers

Bog
10-11-2005, 05:42 PM
8.5 is a Maintainance Update, not a Revision. All our dreams will come true with 9.0, and we will have puppies, kittens, rainbows and a solid OpenGL implementation in both applications.

*remembers LW 2.0 on the Amiga*

You don't know you're even born, do ya? ;) (joke, joke)

F1Racer
10-12-2005, 01:21 AM
I can wait 'til 9.0. :)

I dont remember as far back as LW 2.0 on Amiga but I do go back as far as V3.0 on that cool machine.

rosferatu
10-12-2005, 02:43 AM
Thats what i like about modo.Its got opengl reflections so that when modeling I can test to see that my shapes or good and i dont have any weired imperfections in my mesh.So hopefully 9.0 will have reflections and opengl in Modeler.I dont know why the software has taken so long to get to this point.Althou in 9.0 there combined arnt they