PDA

View Full Version : Window the size of a house

yossarian
02-15-2003, 04:59 PM
I was using the 3d program Lightwave when i accidently hit the little green window expand button and now the Lightwave window is the size of a small house and i can't get down to the resize handle at the bottom. Is there a shorcut to un-expand? A prefs file i can delete?

So far i have:

1 - shut down and restarted the program
2- deleted the lightwave prefs file and restarted
3- cursed at the computer and left it alone for a couple hours to think about what it's done

But to no avail. Can anyone help on this one?

denny
02-16-2003, 02:32 PM
Click on the green button again should take you back to the other "state" of the window. This should make it return to how it was before you click.

There's no key command to my knowledge for this, but if you look in the Menu at top under window, is where the zoom feature is. (which is the same as the green button)

My other suggestion would be to increase your screen resolution and thus the window would be smaller when the screen real estate increases.

Hope that helps!

Scungyho
02-16-2003, 05:05 PM
I am afraid that changing the resolution of your monitor wont help, some of these instances can have the errant window be several thousand pixels wide. Makes it impossible to grab.

This hasn't happened to me lately but I think I went into the Backup Configs folder and double-clicked the InitConfigsX to reset things and the window problem was fixed.

mlinde
02-17-2003, 08:56 AM
If you feel bold, go to
Users:Library:Preferences:LightWave Layout 3 Prefs
Duplicate the file before you do anything else!!!
and open it in a text editor. Find the line that starts:
WindowShape 1
and edit the line to this:
WindowShape 1 0 45 800 555
This will make it a small (not quite) 800x600 window.
save your changes, and quit.
When you launch LW next, it should open top/left, with an 800x600-ish sized window.

anieves
02-17-2003, 09:26 AM
I reported this in the bug thread. This happened to me a while back. Also the window goes blank as OGL preview.

I tried to change the window size thrugh the config file but somehow it didn't work, I'm assuming the Hub also had something to do with it. I had to replace the preference files for a both of them, the hub and layout to restore them.

mlinde
02-17-2003, 02:59 PM
That could be. I don't run the Hub, since it's useless.

Psyhke
02-17-2003, 05:36 PM
If it's the main Lightwave window (the 0S level window), then couldn't you use the 'Tile Windows' or 'Cascade Windows' option available when you right-click on the Windows task bar?