PDA

View Full Version : No Keyboard shortcuts available,...HELP!

GreyGhost
10-11-2005, 03:30 PM
Sorry pretty new to this. I don't know if this is a problem with LW or Mac OSX.3.8. Recently I have had to learn and use LW which has been hard as it is, then I find that no "F" keys actually function. All I get is a separation of the various windows i.e. Layout/Modeler/open panels like a minimisation effect and my screens [2] going darker. Pressing the same "F' key restores positioning etc. I have checked System Preferences and keyboard functions and all appears to be in order. This started with LW8, currently using LW8.5.
Please anyone help a poor unfortunate in his hour of great need........

Incidentally LW8.5 is much faster on my machine and so far less buggy.

Silkrooster
10-12-2005, 12:22 AM
Hmmm... First try going to keyboard shortcut editor EDIT>EDIT KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS... or alt-f9 (don't recall the equivalent on mac) at top of menu, select presets, select 7.0 style, then repeat and select default. This should reset your keyboard shortcuts back to the default.
Now go to your Lightwave program folder and find a folder called documents. In this folder you should find several pdf's that have the keyboard shortcuts for layout, modeler, and graph editor. You can compare these to the list in the program itself.
If they are the same, then it is very possible it is the fault of your system.
Remember when using the shortcuts, leave caps lock off.
Silk

Avebeno
10-12-2005, 01:11 AM
You may want to go to the Systems settings and click on the Dashboard & Expose settings. I've changed my F-Keys to free up F9 & F10 for Lightwave.

BeeVee
10-12-2005, 02:06 AM
There are a bunch of others that Apple has "appropriated", as GreyGhost has found out, but yes, in essence it's down to your Exposť settings...

B

BazC
10-12-2005, 02:31 AM
Apple/F9 and Apple/F10 work with no reconfiguration. - Baz

GreyGhost
10-12-2005, 05:07 AM
See, Guys...............still no go here. "System settings" on Mac appear to be just "System" within Mac HD which leads to "Library" which in turn opens to loads of folders. Non of which are called "Dashboard & Expose". System Preferences on the other hand does have access to "Keyboard & Mouse" settings. However..... BazC your suggestion works!! These things are very difficult to sort without the help of individuals like yourselves. I gratefully appreciate all your input and again forgive my ignorance in these matters but I am getting better and I really am good at what I do.....honest.

BazC
10-12-2005, 05:18 AM
Glad to help out!