PDA

View Full Version : Intermission

johnnyh66
10-11-2005, 03:07 PM
A composer friend of mine is putting on a silent film festival this Wed. in Chicago. He got several local film makers to create silent films then he and his "group" (www.acmusic.org) scored them and will play along live to the films.
Well, 2 weeks ago he asked if I could recreate the old "Let's go out to the lobby" song. I told him 2 weeks was not very much time but I'd see what I could do and not to expect anything more then a few models bouncing around the stage.
It turned out better than that.
I used the face from a previous project which had all the morph targets in place and modeld around it. The texturs are very simple. I used 3 spot lights w/shadow maps to cut back on rendering time, I wanted to make sure I could render 30 sec of animation in one night on my single machine... it worked.
Overall considering the tight time frame I happy with the animation. I like most of the movements and the interaction between charactors. It's actaully a funny little short... so far everyone has laughed! There was no "script", it basically just unfolded this way.
Here are a few still shots as I have no where to post the animation.

johnnyh66
10-11-2005, 03:09 PM
Here's a couple more, does anyone have some space I could borrow?
The smoke was created useing a partical emitter with HV, sprite mode.

etobiason
10-17-2005, 05:47 PM
I think it's pretty cool, but the faces are crap! :)

johnnyh66
10-18-2005, 07:22 AM
:agree:

How rude! (said in my best Jar Jar Binks voice)
ETobisian actually modeled the initial face. :thumbsup:
I think it looks very cute ET.

etobiason
10-18-2005, 07:32 AM
Shoulda used this face.

:heart:

johnnyh66
10-18-2005, 07:48 AM
Hey, what I tell ya about posting pics of my mistress! :hey: