PDA

View Full Version : Title Template Nightmare

HBN
10-11-2005, 01:40 PM
Does anyone know how to create a page template for Tricaster. I use my Tricaster for sports and I am trying to make a scoreboard up in the top left corner of the screen. I want to use my normal graphics package look and feel. I have followed the directions to a "T" from the Tutorial placed on the Newtek website for customized templates, but nothing works. I have created a new page using Photoshop. The page size is 1440 x 1080 and transparent. I then create my graphic and place it in the top corner of the screen. I save the file making sure that Alpha channel is selected and i save the file as a tga file and I call it Bk and replace an existing one. The problem I am having is it is not transparent when I call it up. It just gives a White screen and the graphic is on the white screen. Can anyone help me PLEASE.......

Tarheel Cougar
10-11-2005, 02:14 PM
Are you saving it as a 32-bit TGA? (24 bit does not have transparent channels) I've made a few score graphics that work no problem that I converted from our truck CG through Photoshop 7.

I assume you don't have a Background layer active?

HBN
10-11-2005, 02:38 PM
I am saving it at 32 bit. I have left the layers independent, I have merged the layers and nothing seems to work. I to am using photoshop 7. Can you tell me the steps you take to csaving the file and then transfering it to the Tricaster.

Tarheel Cougar
10-11-2005, 02:50 PM
Once I have the file made, I have tried both merging the layers and leaving them separate, both seem to work fine. But I usually merge just to make sure, and it also preserves all the layer effects I have like borders, shadows, etc. I make sure the mode is RGB, there is no background or other solid layer, and I usually check the channels tab to make sure I can see transparency in each channel. From there I just go to file, save as Targa, 32 bit resolution (I don't compress), and it seems to work. I usually transfer images over with a flash drive.