PDA

View Full Version : 'Load Object Into Layer' missing

byte_fx
10-11-2005, 10:16 AM
Yep ... under 8.5 Modeler that option is AWOL.

I suppose it's just one of the items that Newtek is deleting from Modeler so it can fit into Layout.

Whatever the reason .... that makes 8.5 useless to me. I'll be sticking with 8.3 .... and being glad I didn't pre-order 9.

Looks like I'll be stuck at 8.3 while waiting to see what happens with the Maya/Max shakeout.

DragonFist
10-11-2005, 10:49 AM
I saw your post and checked mine. It wasn't on the file menu but was under additional.

Whenever there is a new update, you have to look a little harder. Menus seem to get confused at times.

byte_fx
10-11-2005, 04:32 PM
Well that's just great ..... considering I have well over 350 entries under additional (I've written a lot of plugins for my personal use) and the plugin editor is now hosed as well.

To heck with it and Newtek ... I'm fed up with the direction they're taking LW.

I'll stick with 8.3 and hope something good comes from the Maya/Max deal.

byte_fx

DragonFist
10-11-2005, 04:37 PM
I figured as much from the direction of your posts of late.

cresshead
10-11-2005, 06:14 PM
you may have to wait a while for a max/maya shakeout too :hey:
i wouldn't expect anything not even an announcement from the mighty 'desk' til august 2006.

personally i've always gone with 'what is' rather than 'what maybe' in the distant future.

currently lightwave is fun :thumbsup:
and max is okay mainly for character animation with biped and mocaps.. :thumbsup:
i have max 7.5 btw as well as 2 seatsof lightsnack

Dodgy
10-11-2005, 06:37 PM
Well that's just great ..... considering I have well over 350 entries under additional (I've written a lot of plugins for my personal use) and the plugin editor is now hosed as well.

To heck with it and Newtek ... I'm fed up with the direction they're taking LW.

I'll stick with 8.3 and hope something good comes from the Maya/Max deal.

byte_fx

I've never had a problem with the menu system until 8.3, when you stopped being able to move things. 8.5 seems to have fixed that. Never had things drop out on me unless I removed a plugin. Sounds like a bit of a one off?