PDA

View Full Version : Please read_bridge ?

smmuck
10-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Hello ppl I have a question 4 the LW wizards out there. I am trying to divide a poly by bridging points but I had noticed that if the bridge was to cross an edge that the operation does not take place. i.e. if u take a square poly and bridge the opposite corners (top right with bottom left and vise versa) the first bridge (top right with bottom left)would work but the second one (top left with bottom right) would not. Is there a way to divde a poly like this(by selecting points)? I have attached a sample pic to illustrate my question
thanx alot
sean:D

Fraust
10-10-2005, 05:24 PM
Personally I would use the spikey tool or make pole tool to create that shape... if you want to do it by hand you need to add another vertex on that line in the middle then select all three pts (the two corners like before and the new middle point) then hit bridge... you can select the two corners of the edge, select divide and it will create the middle point for you

-edit: forgot... you could also use the add edges tool.. just set the snap to 50 if you want it in the middle

smmuck
10-10-2005, 06:23 PM
thank you.
this isnt the shape i am modeling I just thought it would serve as a good example of my problem.
so there isnt a better way to do that huh?
I dont mind dividing the edges and bridging the 3 points but then u deal with the problem of trying to make that new edge a straight line, the point i am adding does not fall in the exact center of the existing edge, so simply dividing it in half does not solve the problem.
thank you for your input it was still very helpful in trying too figure out the best way tackel this problem.
thanx
sean :D

WizCraker
10-10-2005, 11:04 PM
The knife tool work quickly.

toby
10-10-2005, 11:22 PM
I'm sure this is not what bridge was designed to do. It bridges the gap between different polygons, not cut them.

What you're trying to do in your fourth image is cut 2 different polygons, based on the position of 2 of the points, one from each polyogn. I don't think any of the tools work that way.