PDA

View Full Version : Sub patch weight question from newbies

Jirapong
05-05-2003, 11:06 AM
I've known when we make sub patch model, we can weight it to get round or sharp edges according to the percentage we put in. However, I could not find where that command if and how the use it.

Sorry for the stupid question,

Thanks,

rabid pitbull
05-05-2003, 01:02 PM
check 29.4 in the manual, it describes this. basically you select the points to adjust then use the weight tool to change the "softness". Of course there are other ways to paint the weight value, the subpatch map is just like any other weight map.

good luck

Jirapong
05-05-2003, 03:14 PM
Thanks, I'll check it out. Actually, all weight mappings are completely new for me.

Thanks again,

Jirapong

hrgiger
05-05-2003, 05:20 PM
Easiest way is to set your window to weight display then select the weights tool under the map tab. Now just move your mouse cursor over a point and drag right or left. You'll see see the weight change color and the lines going in and out of the point changing shape. Red indicates a positive number and blue is a negative one. Weights go from -100 to 100. The green color is the point at a 0 weight. You can also use the set map value function to exactly set a weight value. That's more useful for weighting bone weights though.

Jirapong
05-05-2003, 09:47 PM
Thanks a lot, that is really useful, and now I'm playing with it.

Jirapong