PDA

View Full Version : Help with some Jumpbacks

StephanAhonen
10-09-2005, 03:33 PM
I use a VT in a live video production where we have a broadcast video switcher doing the actual switching of the program and we use the VT as a waveform monitor for shading, a DDR for packages and a titler for graphics. We have an SDI output card and send key and fill out of it into the switcher where it's actually keyed into our show.

The trick is, we want to use some Jumpback lower-thirds for our titles, and we plan to do that by playing the jumpback in a DDR and taking it on the program output, then putting the CG in the VT's DSK and keying that over the lower third in VT. We then use "Alpha from Main+DSK" in the preferences menu and voila.

The problem we're having is that our video switcher assumes premultiplied keys, but the Jumpbacks arrive as non-premultiplied keys, so I have to figure out a way to premultiply them so they don't look terrible when we try to key them. I've tried bringing them into Aura, but the Export->Alpha->Premultipled option has absolutely no effect on the outputted video. For now I'm taking my jumpback DVDs home and running through my copy of After-Effects which I'm more familiar with, but I'd like to be able to do everything on the VT, and especially without having to take my work home with me. What am I doing wrong in Aura?