PDA

View Full Version : Slippery Rotation in Modeler Please Help!!!

Aaron_Price
10-09-2005, 09:41 AM
Since having Lightwave 8.3 Educational Version since September I have been experiencing a rather annoying problem. In Modeler in Perspective view when I click and drag the rotating button I found the rotating is slipping and moving quicker and more than me dragging it.

Sometimes when rotating using the left mouse button the view will shift to a top down view or bottom view looking up of the object in Perspective view and gets stuck like that and only with real hard pushes with the mouse you can get it back.

But the rotation is too sensitive, is there away of stopping the problems with it getting stuck or slipping. Is it a bug? Please Help!!! Thanks From Aaron

lardbros
10-09-2005, 10:10 AM
I never used to have this problem, but have recently been suffering and it's pigging annoying. Other things that also happen is when i'm moving points they suddenly shift to the opposite side while i'm holding the button. I have to undo and then start again and be more careful.

I put this down to not having installed my latest Microsoft mouse drivers since formatting and reinstalling. So i'll give this a go now, and get back to you.

You could try using the latest mouse drivers to see.

toby
10-09-2005, 01:54 PM
It's easier to rotate using Alt-click&drag. While doing this, imagine a sphere that fits in the window. Drag inside the sphere and you can rotate any direction. Drag outside the sphere, and it will only rotate clockwise/counterclockwise facing the view.

The other view keys are Alt-shift to Pan, and Alt-Cntrl to zoom.

The rotation button will get you stuck unless you stay away from above or below views, it's called 'Gimbal Lock'.

lardbros
10-09-2005, 03:41 PM
Yeah i use them too, but sometimes i want to keep the view from banking when i rotate, so use the small button.

toby
10-09-2005, 04:50 PM
Yea, I use the button when I'm eating... one more reason to prefer LW over Maya :D