PDA

View Full Version : What am I missing? - Backgrounds in Modeler

ChrisS
05-05-2003, 10:02 AM
Ok, I know I've been able to do this before...
Here at work I'm using 6.5b, and I haven't had a lot of uses for background images in modeler.
I can load the image fine, and it shows up, but as soon as I change viewports, the image dissapears. It's still loaded, but is no longer selected in the drop down menu.
I can assign different viewports to the keypad no problem (CTRL + 1-9), and Modeler will remember that fine, but it won't keep the BG Image. I can't find anything in the manual about it. Am I completely missing something obvious?
Thanks,

Chris

Mylenium
05-05-2003, 11:13 AM
Nope, this is totally normal (but annoying). Use the minimize/ maximize viewport hotkey instead.

Mylenium

ChrisS
05-05-2003, 11:34 AM
Ahhh... Ok. Thanks!
Guess trying the toggle key escaped me.
Coulda sworn it worked in 6.5 the way I was trying once upon a time, but I guess not. So every time one misses a keystoke, ya gotta re-load the image. Kinda tough when you're programmed to operate a certain way. I'm sure I'm not the only one catching himself trying to use LightWave keystrokes in other apps. ;)

Well, thanks again!

Chris

Stewpot
05-05-2003, 05:11 PM
Hi ChrisS,

If you are not using the image as a template, but just for reference, what you can do is open the image editor, and load your image. Then when it appears in the small sample window, double click and it opens an independent image window. (At least this is so in 7.5, I cant' remember whether it does in 6.5.).

Incidentally, you can load multiple images in to the same window by loading them into image viewer and double clicking. Then use the drop-down layer panel on the window to switch between them.

ChrisS
05-06-2003, 07:51 AM
Ah yes, so it does.
You'd think that after using LW for six years I'd have figured all of it out! :)

Thanks!