PDA

View Full Version : USBISH: chocolate usb - branding

Cesar Montero
10-08-2005, 02:36 PM
This is a class project.

The goal given at the class was to chose a competitive market and
make a product brand.

I chose the market of USB because it not only has several brands, but because I carry one all the time and I keep it hidden to not look geek. So, wouldn't it be cool to show it all the time and make the brand famous?

My brand is based around the idea of temptation, and to
make the act of backing up data a tempration (and not a boring procedure).

Tiger
10-08-2005, 04:00 PM
XLNT...me want Big Poster :thumbsup:

Cesar Montero
10-08-2005, 04:50 PM
I'l try to render a bigger version. So far I found a bug with fprime. When I use "Distance to object" gradient, the texture is "activated" ONLY after the preview window runs, and you click during the process the gradient layer. Then the image changes and the gradient is visible. I used this for the coffee. No plugins for it.

The problem to relies when I try to make a FPrime render without preview. As some may know, only like this you can achieve bigger sizes using fprime. In that case, I can't click on the gradient layer to "activate it", and the texture based on distance to object gradient is not shown on the render.

I'll email Worley about this matter.

Brian Arndt
10-10-2005, 11:44 AM
you know . .that makes me hungry.. never thought a USB drive would..

Tiger
10-11-2005, 01:35 PM
Cesar...any reply from The Lab?

Cesar Montero
10-11-2005, 11:41 PM
you know . .that makes me hungry.. never thought a USB drive would..

Well, that was the intention. :thumbsup:

Cesar...any reply from The Lab?

Still not. They normally ask until they have the answers for the questions.
I hope it doesn't takes too long :P

shaol
10-12-2005, 03:48 PM
how do you get the metal to look soooooooo goood

Virtual Mind
10-12-2005, 04:16 PM
I love the idea, very original. Just one question, did you model a cap for it? Personally, I think the render would look slightly better if you had a few capped ones mixed in for variety.

Cesar Montero
10-12-2005, 07:40 PM
how do you get the metal to look soooooooo goood
practice and good lighting.

I love the idea, very original. Just one question, did you model a cap for it? Personally, I think the render would look slightly better if you had a few capped ones mixed in for variety.

That is a very nice observation!