PDA

View Full Version : Interlacing + general Q

williamb
10-08-2005, 02:03 PM
Hi
If I am making an animation (generally logo stuff) what is the best way to render if in lightwave for VT.
I usually have interlaced switched on (PAL=even first) (Have not explored progressive)
I save as animation as RTV

The TVCís I see on tv seem so crisp and sharp (high quality) yet I feel that my stuff seems not as good despite using a broadcast monitor and everything is uncompressed.

When making animation for TV do you just use the standard video setting (eg PAL 720x576)? Or do I do something else?

Thanks guys
William

Surrealist.
10-08-2005, 02:40 PM
Hi
If I am making an animation (generally logo stuff) what is the best way to render if in lightwave for VT.
I usually have interlaced switched on (PAL=even first) (Have not explored progressive)
I save as animation as RTV

The TVCís I see on tv seem so crisp and sharp (high quality) yet I feel that my stuff seems not as good despite using a broadcast monitor and everything is uncompressed.

When making animation for TV do you just use the standard video setting (eg PAL 720x576)? Or do I do something else?

Thanks guys
William

Whatever you decide about the anim, make sure and save yourself future headache and render to frames first - keep those - and then load into the backdrop as an image sequence to render out as an anim. This way you can test several things from the original batch and not have to render the animation over. Not only that if the render crahses, power outage, or the anim is currupt this will save all of that. With frames you can pick up where it left off. Or as above try several anim options and settngs.

williamb
10-09-2005, 01:31 PM
I found i can select both animation and RGB frames...so i clicked both...this time under animation i chose AVI and in frames chose RGB - TGA