PDA

View Full Version : Lens flare Fading behind object - But...

Salem78
10-08-2005, 07:18 AM
...even with "Fade Behind Objects" turned on and if I have a lensflare example inside a pipe it rays throught the object and lights up the outside of the pipe.
See Picture (http://www.websamba.com/salem78/pipelensflare.jpg)

Anyway solution for this?

Bog
10-08-2005, 04:22 PM
Ooooh, weird! Uhm. Is that a multilayer object? That's the immediate first thought.

JamesCurtis
10-08-2005, 08:44 PM
Maybe having trace shadows on or off might have something to do with it Just a guess.

Salem78
10-09-2005, 12:30 AM
It's an onelayer-object.
Have tried traceshadows on/off, but nope.

Surrealist.
10-09-2005, 12:35 AM
It looks as though you have both glow behind objects and fade behind objects turned on - not saying you do but it is what I did to get the same effect. Something to check in any case.

EDIT:

My example:

Surrealist.
10-09-2005, 12:53 AM
Also with the flare placed where it is it might streak through somewhat anyway. Remember these are lense flares something that happens in the lens so it is not perfrect. They are not meant to be little glow objects, you know like fireflies or fire out of a muzzle. If you are watching closely, the lense flare will bleed becase it is happening in the lens not in the real world. People do use them all the time for things like this but then you have to realize how they will behave when it comes to going behind objects and so on. It is not what you'd expect if it was a glow that was happening from fire or from a light. Just something to think about and plan for. :)

Bog
10-09-2005, 03:24 AM
Nah that's super-wierd. The flare's added after the polygons have been rendered -it should either be visible "above" the object, or not. Having streaks poking out behind part of the object is something that just looks all manner of wrong. Sorry this post isn't over-helpful, but I'm pretty sure I can just state that shouldn't be happenning.