PDA

View Full Version : BRDF doesn't copy?

sonofmickel
10-07-2005, 05:58 PM
I can't seem to get BRDF to copy in surface editor? Is this working correctly? Hmmm....Looks like LW is not crashing so it must be right! I believe I will have to manually set BRDF in all of my surface proerties. I hope LW addresses this in 8.5. Any work arounds?
A.H.A.

Scott Gammans
10-07-2005, 06:10 PM
I can't seem to get BRDF to copy in surface editor? Is this working correctly? Hmmm....Looks like LW is not crashing so it must be right! I believe I will have to manually set BRDF in all of my surface proerties. I hope LW addresses this in 8.5. Any work arounds?
A.H.A.
Are you trying to manipulate surfaces with the BRDF shader in Modeler? If so, try doing it in Layout. The BRDF shader used to not play nice at all in Modeler.

sonofmickel
10-07-2005, 08:44 PM
I am trying to copy and paste settings in Layout. BRDF does not seem to "copy" with the rest of the settings. I have an object with many parts that share the same color. I want to keep them seperate in order to grunge them up. There are approximatly 30-40 parts, and to BRDF for each one will take longer than I had hoped. I would have hoped that ALL of a surfaces parameters would be copied. Not so. I will wait with my breadth held.