PDA

View Full Version : How do I bake IK?

AngelDream
10-07-2005, 12:47 PM
I've been looking at the manual and I found Motion Baker and Keyframer, are these the ik-motion-bakers-fellas? 'cause I can't get them to work. Thanks in advance.

EDIT

No...Motion Baker is not what I need... :thumbsdow

EDIT

DStorm has a new plugin that automatically detects objects with rotation channels set to Inverse Kinematics and bake them. It's faster and easier to use than Motion Baker 'cause you don't have to apply it to each item you want your ik baked.
Download
http://www.dstorm.co.jp/english/plugin/motion.htm#BakeIKtoKey

Doc
http://www.dstorm.co.jp/archives/plugins/BakeIKtoKey/doce/index.htm

sami
12-04-2012, 03:47 AM
This is an old thread. I just tried this plugin and it seems to work fine, but I'm curious (since this is a 2005 post) - Is there a LW 11.x way built in to bake IK now? Searching the help docs is not very helpful. I haven't had the need to bake IK before so I glossed over this hole in my knowledge. Is this D-Storm plugin (that seems to work in LW11.03) the best way to bake IK?

Any current version knowledge on the subject would be appreciated, as it's hard to sift through all the old posts. Thanks! :)

Areyos Alektor
12-04-2012, 06:52 PM
D-Storm plugin works fine. But you can watch on the side of the Motion Mixer, IK Boost and on of the MDD.

sami
12-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Thanks, can you elaborate a little further please? What do you mean by watch? i.e are you saying that the D-Storm plugin doesn't support MotionMixer, IK Boost & MDD?

Basically I am trying to use the LW to Ogre3D exporter to export boned animations to Ogre3D skeletons, and the exporter I am using does not support IK. I tried baking IK using this plugin, and it does export, but doesn't look like it does in Layout, i.e. the characters feet move towards his hips as opposed to the hips moving towards the feet (as an IK animation would indicate when the character is squatting). I have baked with the plugin and turned IK off, and I'm trying to figure out if this is an exporter problem (I'm not so sure it is) or if there is something not fully baked about the motions. Because I can turn Enable IK off in Layout and it still looks right after baking....

What is the difference between this plugin and the included LW Motion Baker?