PDA

View Full Version : More problems with Digital Juice

Mediaworx
10-07-2005, 08:21 AM
I've read the other thread on this in VT-Edit and researched more on the forum as well, but to no avail. I cannnot get a DJ animated overlay to play well with more than one layer of video. I've changed every Pref setting I can think of. Made subprojects. Picked my nose with my left hand instead of my right during playback. I have a Pizazz built dual 3.2 machine with SCSI array. Can somebody help a brother out. Unfortunately Jef and crew are still dealing with the aftermath of Rita. There has to be a way for this to work.

Jim Capillo
10-07-2005, 08:43 AM
I routinely render the jumpbacks out with all my graphics/boxes/whatever and play it as a single file in the timeline.

Ultimately, it saves a lot of time and frustration due to the stutttttering.

Zane Condren
10-07-2005, 08:58 AM
What format have you rendered the overlays to? the best thing to do is use Jucier 2.0 to render the overlays to RTV files with alpha channel, instead of just a normal uncompressed avi

tfrank
10-07-2005, 10:12 AM
I too take my "Jump Backs" and render them to .rtv in either Aura or Mirage while maintaining the alpha. Works great for me.

Jim_C
10-07-2005, 10:15 AM
If the RTV doesn't work, and you're not ready to commit it to a single file like Jim suggested, you could just throw the force render it and go on. With that mention it shoudl be ready pretty quickly.

Mediaworx
10-07-2005, 11:13 AM
Thanks for all the help everybody. I just tried Jims' idea and it worked perfectly. I can't thank you enough. I'll try the other ideas when I have more time. I usually render out of Juicer as an RTV with alpha, this works fine if I only have one layer and don't do any color correction to the overlay. Thanks again. This forum rocks!!!