PDA

View Full Version : Stereoscopic Rendering Suggestions

sgregerson
10-06-2005, 02:33 PM
Anyone know how to make it all work? Here attached are my settings, here are my people, Open the Quicktime and see all of nada. In fact it just hangs the QT player. See the image rendered out, it doesn't look like much of anything happened. E.g. no blue/red halos.

Much obliged for any help.

Axis3d
10-06-2005, 06:35 PM
I have done a few stereoscopic projects in the past. I have never used the panel in lightwave for it though. What I did was to center the default LW camera, then add two more cameras (naming them CamL & CamR). Parent these to the main camera (which I call Reference). Move CamL & CamR apart from each other on the X an equal distance (about the same separation as your eyes).

Then I would animate the Reference camera through its paces. When it came time to render. I would render the CamL, then the CamR, and save out two sequences.

In AfterFX, I would combine the two with an interlace matte graphic (I think AfterFX has a plugin to do this now). These animations were created to be viewed with LCD flicker glasses.

Alex Rooth
10-07-2005, 05:41 AM
Hi sgregerson

You have to enable stereoscopic rendering in the camera properties...not sure if you have already done that. It is the second tab.

Alex