PDA

View Full Version : Look what i found... this is what first made me love LW

lardbros
10-06-2005, 01:14 PM
Just going through some old mags and found this jammed in the pages from 7 or 8 years ago. Looks well read despite being only a 2 sided leaflet.

I used to read through this wondering exactly what Jolt, and Hypervoxels really were....all so fascinating!

I'm uploading the image of the leaflet (sorry, have no scanner at the mo, so used my digital camera). Take a read and look at the killer features! WOW... "Note: All systems require 15mb hard drive space., CD-ROM for installation, and a minimum screen resolution of 800x600 pixels."

haha, they make it sound like 15mb is alot of space! Those were the days.

The Newtek logo hasn't changed even a smidgen.

Surrealist.
10-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Nice!

It's funy, just as LW started getting real interesting, I was off doing some traditional style filmamking. I cam back to a completely different animal.

Thanks for sharing.

Aegis
10-07-2005, 03:44 AM
Wow! amgFX - that takes me back :D Ah, Lost In Space... :D :D

DoF
10-07-2005, 05:04 AM
Lightwave Version 5.6
That was my first Newtek baby. At the time I was using Infini-D - anyone remember that? I saw this ad and thought - yep - that's the one for me, just gotta have it. And I haven't looked back :lightwave

lardbros
10-07-2005, 11:57 AM
Ha, Infini-D, yeah i remember that. I was using imagine 4.0 way back, and looking at Fractal Design's Ray Dream Studio "The Cutting Edge of 3D Illustration & Animation" it says on the leaflet i found. Got all these when i was choosing which way i was going to in terms of software. Have a Form.Z one too "3D Form Synthesizer" haha, that's what it calls it!
Wonder how much a Lightwave 5.6 leaflet would fetch on Ebay? :D

pooby
10-07-2005, 02:48 PM
Ha.. Hypervoxels!! remember those.. How things move on

CB_3D
10-07-2005, 06:55 PM
LOL

I still have the box from that time rotting away in my garage.
Oh boy, it was a sexy box
:D

Ivan D. Young
10-08-2005, 03:32 PM
Man have times changed, Lightwave 5.6 was available for five different styles of machines in those days. Now just Windows and Mac!