PDA

View Full Version : tvision works very seldom?

webstage
05-05-2003, 03:48 AM
Why is it that my T2 toaster edit TVISION button only works every now and then. (and sometimes after working just a few minutes before...now it don't - maybe it has someting to do with what I did inbetween??? dunno)

Anybody seen this before?

Also, (this is minor) I use four DDR's in a live switching environment. Sometimes a DDR that has been cued when switched to jumps to the 'next' piece and plays it instead. Very annoying when it happens live.

thanks,
James

Paul Lara
05-05-2003, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by webstage
Why is it that my T2 toaster edit TVISION button only works every now and then. (and sometimes after working just a few minutes before...now it don't - maybe it has someting to do with what I did inbetween??? dunno)

Anybody seen this before?

James,
TVision problems are usually associated with your graphics card driver. Try upgrading to the latest nVidia drivers.

Also, (this is minor) I use four DDR's in a live switching environment. Sometimes a DDR that has been cued when switched to jumps to the 'next' piece and plays it instead.

Simple enough. The cue behavior of DDR is different based on what mode it's in. In Project mode, it will pause and then play the next frame when triggered. In Selection mode, it will cue up the next clip.

webstage
05-08-2003, 03:51 AM
Paul,
I have updated the drivers and still no t-vision. Well, maybe it will work maybe it won't. I use the T2 for live switcing for a morning show. This hurts when scrunched for time and trying to get the lower thirds done for the guests of the show.
I use another T2 at a University for Distance Learning taping. I made the decision to get both at both places. Maybe it's the config and I blame that on the dealer (Birmingham, AL). Both T2's have been nothing but trouble for me in both environments. If I had it to do over I would not have recommended the T2 and I certainly don't recommend it to anyone now.

James Wright
Imagination Only
Producer/Director

Paul Lara
05-08-2003, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by webstage
I have updated the drivers and still no t-vision.

What graphics card are you using? is it AGP or PCI?
What T[2] build is installed?