PDA

View Full Version : Fluid Dynamics : (

jorge-madrid
10-05-2005, 06:12 PM
Hello fellow 3D Lovers ,
I have a huge problem , i am trying to make a container filled with (LIQUID)
And raise logo from the liquid .
I tryed making Hyper V fill the container but it just seems to stay the same volume with out filling the emptyness .
I tryed prolonging the lifetime of voxels , AM I missing anything .

Please advice..

And please dont say try realflow , i thing lightwave has the cojones and muscle to do it ,but i cant find a solution ..

Thank you very much.. :help: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Jorge Madrid

toby
10-09-2005, 01:26 PM
Don't forget that there are many ways to do water, filling the glass with an object with displacement on it instead of HV will be much easier... and depending on the pouring action, that might be better with an object too.

You know, I thought LW could do this with HV too, but after trying to do wine pouring for days and having limited success I've come to the conclusion that particles and HV are the wrong way to do anything but water spray. I got it looking pretty good, until I compared it to a real wine pour. There's just no way to get a smooth stream with hundreds, even thousands of HV blobs. You might want try a SoftFX solution.

munky
10-12-2005, 06:36 AM
Hi there Jorge,

Toby is right, you can do water just using geometry. Check out the attached file. Note that the liquid in the glass thingy has a weight map to which the displacement texture is linked. This isn't too refined as I did it in a rush but it should give you some idea's.

regards

paul

jorge-madrid
10-17-2005, 12:26 AM
Thank you very much for your Ideas ,,

royL
10-19-2005, 09:38 AM
If you have the time (and a powerfull machine) I think you could do it with dynamics, make a container and give it a collision property then in another layer spray a bunch of points and apply some basic hypervoxel and gravity then insert your logo with collision applied.

in theory the logo will push the points, then the gravity will send them back to the container.

if the points dont work try a particle emitter.

I'll try it myself later