PDA

View Full Version : tornillos

artecnl
10-04-2005, 05:31 PM
hi guys i want to share with you my attempt of realism, i know its not perfect, so i want to hear your c&C it will be good.

nikturnal
10-04-2005, 07:16 PM
Very nice rendering. fprime? Only crit would be that when screws have threads that small they are usually closer together.(The threads that is) I like the rusty ones. :thumbsup:

cc3d
10-04-2005, 07:27 PM
nice rust, how did you do the rust effect?
moho agradable, cómo usted hizo el efecto del moho?

artecnl
10-04-2005, 07:30 PM
hi guys, nikturnal thanks for the advice of the treads., and the rust surface is a metal texture in a uv-map, done in ps 7 have a great day :D

david_B
10-04-2005, 08:27 PM
The lighting/setup is good, the UV map is stretching your texture in the centre - and nikturnal's point about the thread is correct. Also, the thread wouldn't travel so far up the screw. It would stop about 1cm before the top.

If you're attempting photorealism, I guess it all matters...

artecnl
10-04-2005, 09:18 PM
hi david_b about the thread youre right but about the 1 cm, i dont agree with you, here i have a screw for reference and the thread stop in the top, anyway thaks a lot :D

spec24
10-05-2005, 08:56 AM
I don't have a problem with the threads - they're wood screws, whose threads are quite a bit spaced. I think the problem is with the shape of the threads. Threads are triangularly shaped - these don't look like that, or the triangle sweep is too small, making the threads looks more spaced out than they should be.