PDA

View Full Version : Conetent CD's and 3rd Party software - just curious

Davoid
10-04-2005, 01:06 PM
I looking at purchasing Lightwave and was curious as to what comes on the 2 content cd's and the 3rd party cd.
I have already decided to purchase the software so this will not change my view, it is just a curiosity question.

groove660
10-04-2005, 09:00 PM
heaps and heaps of stuff....

Na seriously there is a lot of simple and complex models, scenes, images etc etc far too much to mention. There is a PDF that comes on the LW CD that lists the credits and there is also for some artists a small example of the work they contributed. Perhaps that PDF is on the newtek site, otherwise PM me your email and ill send it to ya.

Cheers

Davoid
10-04-2005, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the reply groove660, and thanks for the offer to email me the PDF. I intend to buy the product anyway, so I will wait till I order.

thanks again

SplineGod
10-05-2005, 09:43 PM
I looking at purchasing Lightwave and was curious as to what comes on the 2 content cd's and the 3rd party cd.
I have already decided to purchase the software so this will not change my view, it is just a curiosity question.

Kia Ora! :)

The 3rd party CD has several video tutorials, many of which I contributed.
I also have several more hours of free videos on my site (check my sig). :)

Davoid
10-06-2005, 10:43 AM
Thanks Larry for the reply, and I have already looked at your site. I will probably look at your "Introduction to Lightwave" course in the near future, but have just purchased Lightwave thru local distributor, so that has used up my savings at this time.
I will certainly look at your free tutorials at this stage untill I can afford the above CD's. One reason that moved me to Lightwave was all the helpful forum members and the information, tutorials on the web.
I have had a copy of trueSpace for a while, but never really got into it (don't really like the interface).

anyway thanks again,
David

SplineGod
10-06-2005, 12:33 PM
Where are you from in NZ? You should hook up with Kevman3D who runs the Kiwavers User Group (if you already havent). Ive done a few remote lectures for the group via the internet from Los Angeles. Its probably going to be a regular thing. Email me privately if youre interested in any courses and are short on cash. :)