PDA

View Full Version : Keeps restarting

mavnick
10-04-2005, 11:07 AM
Loaded the beta patch last week and had to shut down the unit to attend a meeting. Turned it on today and it keeps trying to reboot. Gives me the screen "We apologize for the inconvenience but...." and gives me the option of starting in Safe Mode... or Last Known Good Configuration. When I make any choice, it reboots again! What's up? Hard drive failure, virus...?

achuakh
10-09-2005, 08:17 PM
try removing one of the ram modules, the one closer to the cpu chip and see if the box starts fine.

I had one tricaster unit which had this problem. it turned out to be a ram fault. anyway, i've had the unit replaced.

Andrew

sbrandt
10-01-2008, 03:49 PM
I need to reopen this thread.
I did just about the same sort of thing.

During a hectic day and at a somewhat quiet point in the TC2.0 upgrade, I thought it was finished and without disconnecting from other work issues and giving it my full focus, I pulled the thumb-drive out. ...it wasn't finished...

Now when I boot, it just keeps cycling through the post and restarting.

If I F8 to safe mode, no matter what I choose from the pick-list it cycles right back around to the same point...a never ending loop.

What can I do to break in?
Where in the registry can I find the key for this image?
If I mount the drive on another machine as my 'E' drive, where can I find the place that controls that level of the startup?

Anybody..........???

I'm sure it's not the ram.

ted
10-05-2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the reminder. Someone had a tip for making a ghost image for those "not now" moments of live production. I'm going to have to look that up again...and get it done this time! :D

andypac
02-19-2010, 04:28 AM
I need to reopen this thread.
I did just about the same sort of thing.

During a hectic day and at a somewhat quiet point in the TC2.0 upgrade, I thought it was finished and without disconnecting from other work issues and giving it my full focus, I pulled the thumb-drive out. ...it wasn't finished...

Now when I boot, it just keeps cycling through the post and restarting.

If I F8 to safe mode, no matter what I choose from the pick-list it cycles right back around to the same point...a never ending loop.

What can I do to break in?
Where in the registry can I find the key for this image?
If I mount the drive on another machine as my 'E' drive, where can I find the place that controls that level of the startup?

Anybody..........???

I'm sure it's not the ram.

Mine is doing exactly the same thing. Anyone got any ideas?

rally1
02-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Unplug everything except the VGA, mouse and Keyboard.