PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave and intel extreme Graphics problem

epyon1873
10-03-2005, 09:23 PM
i use a integrated graphics of intel it work well with lightwave with very old version driver,however, i update the driver to the newer one. it become very slow. :mad:
if i set the graphics proporties->hardware acceleration to none, it run smooth as b4.

since the old driver crash with other software,is there are any method to fix this problem without every time using lightwave to set the hardware acceleration to none

p.s. it is a laptop , unable change the graphics card

THX~

jacross
10-03-2005, 11:39 PM
I'm afraid the built in Intel Extreme graphics solutions just aren't meant for pushing any program around. Try to play games with it and you'll run into the same issue. Some may be ok, but the vast majority will just fall on their face. The solution Intel provides is just for basic needs (Internet, Email, Office, etc) and is not intended for any further demanding uses. In fact Intel recently vacated the integrated graphics market because they can't even get the lowest certification for the next version of Winddows (Vista) from Microsoft. If they can't even run the next version of the Windows UI, it's not really intended for a heavy hitting graphics application. Since you can't replace your graphics then your only other option is to try other drivers... unfortunately if that doesn't work you may just be out of luck.

DragonFist
10-04-2005, 12:07 AM
There is some slim chance that 8.5 might help a bit because of some of the changes in opengl implementation. But I would not hold my breath. I wouldn't even attempt to breath slowly.