PDA

View Full Version : Swinging Head from hook, how?

mirlov
05-04-2003, 11:18 AM
i need help, i've model a hook and a stone head. the stone head is hanging losely from the hook, so when i move the hook around the head will swing accordingly as in real life.

i've tried to achieve this effect in MotionDesginer, but to no avail. what i wanted is the hook to be able to interact with the head, motion designer needed my object's points to be joint together in order to be able to attach the hook and the head.

is there a way if my stone head has a skelegon linked up with the skelegon of the hook, and a plugin will calculate the gravity of my stone head's skelegon, allowing the head to swing accordingly??

Please help, Thanks.

Patrick.

Rei
05-04-2003, 11:45 AM
Inertia, I think. I dont know how it works exactly, but I think it does what you want it to do.

mirlov
05-04-2003, 10:26 PM
inertia? is that a plugin for the bone? or the plugin for the object?? anywhere i can get the tutorial for Inertia??

Patrick.

mirlov
05-05-2003, 12:03 AM
i've tried inertia. but the effect is not what i wanted. what inertia did to my object is, it deform the whole head. i just wanted it to swing with gravity(sort of like a key hanging from a key chain), while still retaining the shape of the object, my onject is made of stone, so deformation is out of the question.

can anyone give some more ideas??