PDA

View Full Version : Layout and Modeler

Rei
05-04-2003, 07:27 AM
If the 2 different programs were combined think, you would need at least 2 keyboards to use half the shortcuts.

I think having 2 apps rocks, but it could be improved even more.

Valter
05-04-2003, 09:30 AM
you do a wrong question:rolleyes:

2 programs could work very fine together and not need another keyboart to all shortcut.
Look Mirai, all together and separate and more important great interactivity I don't like 3dsmax style. I'll hate lw with 3dsmax style.

later

Capt Lightwave
05-04-2003, 01:12 PM
I had an idea the other day that may be a solution to the shortcut key "dillemma"....
What if you could add several shortcuts to the same key?

The idea was that, if you held the key down for longer than...say 1/2 second, you'd be given a list of choises for that key...shorter than that 1/2 second...the shortcut directly mapped to that key.

Since I was a little bored at work (non LightWave related), I made this image to show what I mean...3 different versions of the same theme...well 2actually, since two of them shows what happens when there's a different number of shortcuts mapped to the same key.

http://home.no.net/tbj69/Misc/Modeler.jpg

Hurben
05-04-2003, 02:45 PM
I wouldn't mind if they became bundled together.. there are different keyboard shortcuts in the Graph Editor as opposed to Layout.. it would just depend on which tab you are on..
or which window.

I think a single render should behave as a separate process. so you can keep working.

evenflcw
05-04-2003, 03:15 PM
I'd like the Mirai-type setup;one app, different tabs. It seems to have the benefits of both worlds. And keys are no problem as Hurben just stated. I'd rather welcome more tabs than just two so I could hotkey even more commands :D

hrgiger
05-04-2003, 04:38 PM
You should add another option to the list of "Doesn't matter as long as it works.

Valter
05-04-2003, 06:55 PM
great ideia capt lw.
really great

lord
05-04-2003, 08:12 PM
Marai! Which is what i've often thought myself.

Shortcut keys? Perhaps if all the key combinations were accessable. How many do you need though?

A good deal of them do the same thing essentially, and keys could be context sensitive as well, depending on whether you're in the Graph Editor, Layout, or Modeler.

food for thought.