PDA

View Full Version : HDRI3D Issue #6

WilliamVaughan
09-30-2005, 10:33 AM
http://www.hdri3d.com/issues/h06.htm

Now in stores!

BazC
09-30-2005, 02:08 PM
Looks cool! Anyone know if it's available in UK?

badllarma
09-30-2005, 02:18 PM
Looks cool! Anyone know if it's available in UK?

BazC you need to subscribe mate, thats the only way off getting hold of it on our little island :thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up Proton looks like it's gradually getting better. I started with issue 3 and to be honest was not impressed then came issue 4 and still was pretty poor issue 5 was intresting 6 finally looks pretty cool cannot wait until it arrives through the door :D

BazC
10-01-2005, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the info! I'm not all that keen on subscribibg to a mag I've never seen though :o( Mind you this issue does look great! - Baz

newsvixen8
10-03-2005, 06:15 AM
I have this issue and was decidedly disappointed. It only had a few pages on LW, much of it very elementary, while the rest of the articles dealing with other apps were WAY OVER MY HEAD so I couldn't apply the concepts to our own beloved program. HDRI was much more appealing when it was Keyframe.

Lottmedia
10-04-2005, 06:48 AM
Same story, flipped through it at the store, didn't see one article on Lightwave (after closer inspection, there did apear to be one short one in the back) Just not worth it to me. If I'm gonna spend big money on a 3D mag that's mainly about other apps, I'll get 3D World. I bought the first HDRI out of solidarity and haven't bothered since. It seems to be getting worse as it goes along with less and less worth the read. At least 3D world's articles about other apps are useally translateable to LW in some way and their industry news is better (they are a bigger mag and all, but still) I hate to say it but, there it is :)

J-Rod

ginhan
10-04-2005, 07:09 AM
That series that they have on rigging a character with maya is very nice.

I would like to see something like that done for lw or some other longer series.

Before with keyframe it was great. long series tutorials like the one done with the airbus by trex?

TheDAve
10-04-2005, 10:58 AM
HDRI was much more appealing when it was Keyframe.

I have to agree, I actually intended to subscribe to Keyframe having seen a few copies, so I went to the website to see "Keyframe is now HDRI" so I subscribed hoping it would be the same...sadly not.

I'm not sure if I will resub... The LW tutorials are usefull (I'm still a noob really) but most of the mag is now interesting, but not that usefull to me personally.

Having said that this issue look like it has some interesting articles, so I may stick with it.

DAve

mattclary
10-04-2005, 12:12 PM
HDRI was much more appealing when it was Keyframe.

Funny thing is, I always though Keyframe had too much Video Toaster stuff in it. The only way I can get enough LW content for my buck is by buying books. I've never felt the price paid for any of these magazines is worth it, and you are lucky if you ever get your full subscription before they go under. :devil: Keyframe being the only one that seems to have lasted, now it's got even less LW content as HDRI (from what I gather).

Sorry, just the way I see it.