View Full Version : Have 7.5 - any issues upgrading to 7.5b?

05-03-2003, 10:55 PM
I've recently upgraded to 7.5 from 6.xx. I was wondering if there are any drastic compatability issues regarding plugins or Lscripts when doing an update to 7.5b?
Is it worth doing right away or should I wait for another update?

Elmar Moelzer
05-04-2003, 01:17 AM
I would wait for another month or so. I think there is another patch in the works.
LW 7.5b has a few issues.

05-05-2003, 06:53 AM
James, I'm in the same boat as you with the recent upgrade. I decided the benefits of the b patch weighed against the reported problems did not warrant it's use.

Doug Nicola
05-06-2003, 07:36 PM
Don't do it! The 7.5b upgrade is buggy as heck, for almost no improvements. I just got through uninstalling 7.5b and am back to 7.5.

Particularly annoying (potentially disastrous depending on what you are doing) is 7.5b seemed to have all kinds of memory allocation crashes. I just had a series of crashes as it was trying to unload after animation renders and single frame renders. It seems especially bothered by large/hi-res frames. I would hate to be rendering a single, highly complex frame for a long time, only to have it crash when it's done!

LW 7.5b also had lots of trouble with clearing and reloading scenes with large objects.

Personally, if NewTek comes out with a 7.5c patch, I'm going to wait a good long while to see what others have to say before I try it.