PDA

View Full Version : newbie needs lots of answers.

skater4lyfe
09-29-2005, 06:47 PM
well i was thinking about getting lightwave 3D. and i have always wanted to create my own video games. so i was wondering if lightwave 3D is able to make a whole video game...movment, maps, menus, all that kind of stuff? so please help me.

Silkrooster
09-29-2005, 10:02 PM
It will create the graphics of the game, which is everything you listed. However you still need the programming side. Do a search on google for "game engines" and "game programming" Find something than can import lwo objects and perhaps lws scenes.
Silk

peteb
09-30-2005, 06:33 AM
I'd take one step at a time if i was you. It's going to take you months if not years just to understand and become good at modelling texturing and animation. So I'd either stick at that and let someone else handle the code or learn to code and let someone else do the artwork.
Games aren't a one man band anymore they're highly complex and if you want to get anywhere close to what you see now days I'd either try modelling and using something like Unreal to get your models into that game or get a few people together who know different fields of game creation. Don't try and do it all or you'll get lost.
So what do you want to be an artist, designer or coder?

Pete B

Promethius
10-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Try this website for game creations. It's the easy way for beginners.
http://www.3dgamestudio.com/

The game serious sam was used with LW. From modeling the Characters to Animating them. They now offer the game engine to work with LW but for more buko bucks.