PDA

View Full Version : Loading particle setup

starbase1
09-29-2005, 03:02 PM
Probably a seriously dumb question but...

I have a nice particle jet with a pleasing fire effect, and I want three more copies pointing in different directions. Now I'm looking at the fx browser, and I can save out what I have. But there is no load buttin to get an extra one back in again!

I cant load the .pfx file from the load object menu, so how the *&!$ do I do this?!?!

Dodgy
09-29-2005, 03:55 PM
You can clone the object... Press ctrl-c and select how many clones you want.

To save the settings for an emitter, (like the emission rate, type of emitter etc) use the 'save' button on the file tab.

To save the actual motion of the particles, use the 'save motion' button.

starbase1
09-29-2005, 03:58 PM
Thanks, I should have said - I tried that but the cloned object had the controls all grayed out, and did not produce any particles.

I'm also confused as to how I am meant to load something back in! A save function without a corresponding load is about as useful as a chocolate teapot!

Nick

:stumped: :stumped: :stumped:

Dodgy
09-30-2005, 07:29 AM
Thanks, I should have said - I tried that but the cloned object had the controls all grayed out, and did not produce any particles.

I'm also confused as to how I am meant to load something back in! A save function without a corresponding load is about as useful as a chocolate teapot!

Nick

:stumped: :stumped: :stumped:

If you 'Clear motion', this will un grey out the controls, but you'll lose the motion of the particles.

As to the second, did you look at the File tab before you wrote that? Save is right next to load.... :thumbsup:

starbase1
09-30-2005, 01:42 PM
Save is not next to load on my little panel! See attached:

starbase1
09-30-2005, 02:08 PM
OK, now I am feeling seriously dumb having found the button on a different panel. Still think its wierd to have a save without a load nearby though...

Nick

Dodgy
09-30-2005, 02:19 PM
Ahhhhhh that save! That save is a hold over from motion designer days, when it was used to save soft body motion. Now I understand :)

Everything you want is in the Emitter panel, in the various tabs :)