PDA

View Full Version : OpenGL 2.0 in Mac OS X

swpspce
09-29-2005, 05:38 AM
[oops, just read the Message from Jay Roth - it answers my question - Ignore the post sorry]

does this mean that Lightwave 8.5/9 does have internal support for OpenGL 2.0 or not ?

that said, "when" apple get around to addressing this mishap or when they release 10.5 and if they have implemented support for OpenGL 2.0 in the system as Lightwave requires. Would there need to be a patch for Lightwave to take advantage of the OpenGL features or will it just realise there is the much needed implemetation and run with it...

just wondering...

Mylenium
09-29-2005, 05:50 AM
[oops, just read the Message from Jay Roth - it answers my question - Ignore the post sorry]

does this mean that Lightwave 8.5/9 does have internal support for OpenGL 2.0 or not ?

that said, "when" apple get around to addressing this mishap or when they release 10.5 and if they have implemented support for OpenGL 2.0 in the system as Lightwave requires. Would there need to be a patch for Lightwave to take advantage of the OpenGL features or will it just realise there is the much needed implemetation and run with it...

just wondering...

I doubt they will include the OpenGL 2.0 code from the start. It may still require some minor changes from the one used on the PC be it simply for different driver implementations on OS X. So it would have to be a patch/ free mini-upgrade. Just guessing, though, as I'm a PC user.

Mylenium

noiseboy
09-29-2005, 06:24 AM
and if you are at all curious about what your graphics card supports, openGL wise then you could check out this tool.

http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/

I've got no idea about 98% of the info provided but looks useful

Colin

(other tools maybe available..)

ackees
09-29-2005, 03:12 PM
Cheers! that's a realy nice tool useful.