PDA

View Full Version : Portable Toaster

ltabel
09-28-2005, 09:26 PM
We use our VT4 for live switching in our student ministry. The ministry has out grown the building we were in so now on Sundays we meet in a middle school's cafe-gym-atorium. We still hold our Wednesday night services at our regular building. In order to do this we have our toaster racked in a mobile cabinet. We unload and load a trailer every Sunday and Wednesday. We do not have a permanent home for the toaster. It stays on the trailer between services. My question is...is there anyway to load the CG portion of the program to a separate computer then bring the finished CG to the toaster on CD then load and go. We are spending way to much time building the CG program before each service.

wvp
09-29-2005, 06:24 AM
I do not believe there is anyway to install the VT software without the card installed in the computer.
Option 1 -- You should be able to create CG's via word & import the text into the CG program. Alas, this won't produce quite the same result as you will not have the formatting options in word.
Option 2 -- You could create CG with Power Point or another CG program
Option 3 -- You could talk to Jef @ Pizazz productions about upgrading your toaster into his ultra cool portable version.

Ivan
09-29-2005, 06:35 AM
Idea one is likely the best. Create all your work in a text program then copy and paste into CG for a quick title. If you are looking for a lot of single line titles look for a George script called XOT, it does single line titles in Aura and it is pretty quick.

Ivan

PIZAZZ
09-29-2005, 08:01 AM
I would be glad to build you a ultraportable VTtoGO.

but

I would suggest simply using Photoshop and creating the graphics there. Save them out as .pngs and you are good to go.

ltabel
09-29-2005, 09:18 AM
Thanks for your help. We are already using text files, but it still takes a while to format the songs and sermon notes in the CG. I will look into the photoshop idea.

Keith Gandy
09-30-2005, 11:04 PM
We have the same setup - producing CG's externally, then bringing them to the VT. We use Photoshop, and via a Script and Hot Key, all the png's are created automatically in their own subdirectory on the harddrive. Those directories are then copied to a memory stick and transfered to the VT.

The Script names the files according to the layer name. so they are easy to recognize.

If you would like a copy of the script, drop me an email: keith (at) bgab.de