PDA

View Full Version : Recording Live Stream externally

badbonz
09-28-2005, 01:16 PM
I was wondering if recording the live broadcast stream would be possible, say going through a betacam SP deck, or an AJA Io box and into Final Cut pro.
If so, what connections would work best?

Any thoughts or ideas on this? Can it be done? Seems like it should be just like making the computer think you are running a tape from the deck...but instead it's a live stream.

Anyone?

thanks,
Mike D

Ivan
09-28-2005, 01:52 PM
You should be able to output analog and convert to firewire with a converter or a Canon video camera if you don't have a converter. Some Sony models have AV to DV conversion but I think all Canons do. Just select a non controlable device in FCP and start capturing.

Ivan

badbonz
09-28-2005, 02:26 PM
Thanks Ivan,
which output would I use to output analog? I have tried the s-video out, going into the betacam deck and also the AJA Io and no success yet.
Thanks.

Mike D

Ivan
09-28-2005, 02:43 PM
I don't have a TriCaster but wouldn't you use the same output that you are live switching to?

Iavn

badbonz
09-28-2005, 03:47 PM
Hi Ivan,
well, the live feed is seen on the monitor and also can been seen via ethernet, though there is an svideo on the front and back which seems like tome, that I could use it. Can't figure it out though. Tried a whole bunch of settings in FCP to try to capture, but nothing works yet.

Mike D

Ivan
09-28-2005, 04:32 PM
First check to be sure you are getting video out of the TriCaster via the YC you are feeding to the converter. If so be sure that the converter is set to convert Analog to DV, this can be done by outputing the DV to another device such as a camera or deck. If this works be sure that FCP is set to a non controlable device in the Audio/Video Settings, Device control drop down. Now just capture as you would do a "Capture Now".

Let me know which of these steps are failing you.

Ivan

badbonz
09-28-2005, 04:51 PM
Ivan,
I got it to work. I hooked up the S-Video cable in the front (out) of the Tricaster to the input of the AJA Io and I opened the Log and Capture window and the video from the tricaster was playing in the window. Now I just need to get a long enough rca stereo cable to get the audio going.
Thanks for the help.

Mike D