PDA

View Full Version : Do any Surface presets ship with 7.5?

mwachala
05-03-2003, 02:47 PM
I have installed 7.5b multiple times and there are no surface presets. Should there be any? The directory where they go is empty.

Rei
05-03-2003, 02:52 PM
All the presets come with vers 7.0. If they dont copy corectly, do it manually from the CD.

mwachala
05-03-2003, 03:02 PM
I would copy them from the cd if I could but all data on the cd is in one giant data file.

Rei
05-03-2003, 03:17 PM
This shouldnt be in general.

When you install 7.0 do you get the presets, if yes go on. If not contact NT and get a new CD.

If they do, what happens when you go to 7.5, still got presets, yes stay there. No, back up the presets before updating, update and re-load them, or download the 7.5 patch again.
If you must have b then backup and re-install, and download the patch again.

mwachala
05-03-2003, 03:32 PM
I upgraded from 5.6 to 7.5b so I dont have a 7 cd. Sounds like I need to contact Newtek for a new CD that has everything on it.

Thanks for the help

webgenie
05-04-2003, 10:26 AM
I purchased the full version of 7.5b, and there are absolutely NO presets on it -PERIOD. It was also missing Sasquatch lite, but they've emailed me the pluggin (however it is still unable to render long hair at all). This is NOT what it said in the product description. Better check your disk with a fine toothed comb, as you may not have all you paid for. Wonder what ELSE is missing or doesn't work! Better check your program real carefully:(

Dan Hong
05-04-2003, 01:56 PM
You can use all of your old surfaces. The extension has changed. Just select "show all files" in the requester. Everything still works as usual.

mattclary
05-05-2003, 09:03 AM
MWachala, you evidently downloaded the 7.5b patch off Newtek's site. The content will be on the 7.5 CD that you SHOULD have gotten or WILL get soon. 7.5b is a patch, not the whole kit and kaboodle. You are a legal user, right?

mwachala
05-05-2003, 09:43 AM
I didn't download the patch from the site. I purchased the 7.5 upgrade and upgraded my old 5.6 version. I am a legal registered user. The cd I got with my 7.5 upgrade had version 7.5b on it. I am going to contact newtek today to see if I can get the presets. The 5.6 surface files don't seem to load in 7.5 either. I have been away from 3d for a couple years and am getting back to it now. Thanks for the help.

webgenie
05-05-2003, 07:58 PM
I am a user who recently purchased the full 7.5b version (not upgraded). I discovered that the latest set of disks to go out to customers were missing some files.

Some files such as the presets, the sasquatch plugin, and other features were missing.

I Don't know if I'd recommend buying this product at THIS TIME until this is fixed, but it IS a WONDERFUL program) If they maKe good, and give you the missing files without any problems, this will be quite an amazing and powerful product.