PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with JPEG's HHHHEEEEELLLLPPPP

Mediaworx
09-28-2005, 06:44 AM
I need to bring some JPEG's into a project from a CD. For some reason VT only shows a black screen on these files when I bring them into the timeline. I've checked the files with other programs and they show up fine. I need these pics desperately. Any quick help would be appreciated.

Mick Haensler

Scott Bates
09-28-2005, 08:04 AM
Do a batch convert to PNGs - Irfanview (http://www.irfanview.com) is a very capable little freeware program that will convert them in seconds. Tell it to use the CD as the source and give it a save location on your hard drive.

Jim_C
09-28-2005, 08:09 AM
The problem could be if you are trying to pull them straight from CD to the timeline. VT doesn't like trying to read files direct of the CD.

Try putting them on the hd to read from, and , as Scott said, converting them to png will make the VT the happiest.

JReble
09-28-2005, 05:07 PM
Yup that's the problem. VT can't generate those hidden Newtek info files on a CD so it can't make preview icons etc.

Mediaworx
09-29-2005, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the info everybody. I'll know better next time.

Mick Haensler
Director of Media Services
The Fountains Wedding and Conference Center

Scott Bates
09-29-2005, 12:06 PM
I should have thought about the CD problem Mick, but I always transfer all files to my edit system hard drives so have never encountered the problem. FWIW, VT does like and work better with PNGs as opposed to JPGs, especially if they're oversized for pan and scan.