PDA

View Full Version : Audio fade

chribba
09-28-2005, 06:10 AM
Is it possible to have the audiomixer to autofade the audio when going back to studio in a live broadcast?

Lets say that a DDR are running and i want to "CUT" video back to "CAM 1" and the audio from the DDR to fade out (2 sec) in the background, the microphone for the newsreader "CUT IN".

Is this possible?

Paul Lara
09-29-2005, 09:32 AM
Absolutely!
Consult the manual, Chapter 10, page 14. ;)

chribba
09-30-2005, 10:27 AM
I dont "get it"... How can you set the audiomixer to autofade the audio at the same time as you CUT from DDR to studio?
I want the audio from the newsreader (in studio) to be 100% and the audio from the DDR to fade from 100% to 0%. Iwant this to be done when i am using TAKE (CUT) button on the switcher..

Can anyone guide me through this cause i cant figure it out myself...

Thanks
Chribba

nevmoor
09-30-2005, 04:55 PM
apparently you set your mixer to 'follow' mode. You make presets based on the switcher input numbers. when you take your DDR input (8 for ex) it will automatically switch to mixer preset 8, then when you go back to input 1, it will go to mixer preset one. That way you have an automated audio follow video set up. I guess you will have to figure out the timing for the level changes somehow.

chribba
10-01-2005, 02:44 AM
That is what can not figure out, how to get it to put the level from the studio at 100% at once(cut) and fade(transition) out the audio when i hit "TAKE"... "it just cuts the audio".. If i use the AUTO button it will transition both the video and the audio and that is not what i want to do..

Is this not the way you other people use your VTīs in a live broadcast situation or do you just make a fast auto and think that is as good as it gets?
Lets say that we have a reportage about some music and in the end the music is playing, now i want the audio to be fading out while my newsreader starts to talk... It makeīs the broadcast a litte more PRO if you have nice audio to go with it....

thanks
chribba

chribba
10-03-2005, 03:22 PM
Someone out there must be a real PRO and does alot of this audiofades... Cant you tell me how??

thanks
chribba

Tod Cole
10-03-2005, 06:08 PM
If I am not mistaken you can just set the levels you want on the audio and press the buttons in audio you want to take. In your case set the studio to 100% and set the DDR to 0% on 1. On preset 2 set the studio to 100% and DDR to 100%. I set the last audio preset to fade all audio down just to have a safety back up. So now if you have the external switcher you can get the audio guy to use the mouse and press the appropriate 1 or 2. Not at the box now i will check if i left out something tomorrow.

chribba
10-04-2005, 02:29 AM
i am not with my box today bot that solution seams to have the studio level att 100% all the time, and that will not work...

Let be try to explain once again.. maybe i am saying it wrong.

Go from DDR to studio= CUT video and FADE Audio.

How do i do that.

thanks
Chribba

smee-again
10-04-2005, 03:56 AM
If your going from a ddr, can you just fade out the audio or down to background level in the edit after the vision ends and set your audio level to be still up for the ddr on the camera input. If your ddr take is not set to cue in/out it should work.

chribba
10-04-2005, 04:23 AM
If your going from a ddr, can you just fade out the audio or down to background level in the edit after the vision ends and set your audio level to be still up for the ddr on the camera input. If your ddr take is not set to cue in/out it should work.

Sorry! thatīs not an option.

Should this really that hard....

thanks
chribba

Mediaworx
10-04-2005, 12:08 PM
Sorry, no real PROs here :hat: just a buncha yahoos creating alot of hubbub

Someone out there must be a real PRO and does alot of this audiofades... Cant you tell me how??

thanks
chribba

Jim_C
10-04-2005, 01:21 PM
Sorry, no real PROs here :hat: just a buncha yahoos creating alot of hubbub

That's better than Hooligans spreading mischief!
:devil:

nevmoor
10-04-2005, 01:47 PM
OK!!! you can do it but it takes a few steps. I have not done this, so it is all theory right now but.......
Do not use the audio follow option. You need 3 presets:
1 with talent mics up, ddr 0
2 with ddr up talent at zero
3 with both up

As talent intros peice, switch from 1 to preset 3
as peice gets going switch to 2.
going out switch to 3 again.
when peice is clear go back to 1

Lots of words for a simple procedure!!!
Maybe Newtek will certify the midi control option that a few dealers have gotten to work pretty well. then you just have an audio guy run a midi fader controller.
Newtek?? Paul?? What are your concerns about the midi control????

vanderwielen
10-04-2005, 08:31 PM
I suspect that most folks don't use live switching as their primary use of the VT. I do... in fact, everyday. There is simply no way to do what you are asking. At least not in VT3.

When you use 'follow' in the audio mixer, the preset...previously set for each and every switcher input ...will either cut or follow the motion of the t-bar. it's just that simple.

if you uncheck 'follow' you can double click a preset and depending on the selection of the 1 sec, 2sec and 5 sec fades, go from one audio setting to another. but i think you want the audio to follow the switcher.

I have a need for exactly what you are asking. here's an example. we start each production with an avi and wav file that play in a ddr. we then then transition to a wide shot of the sports field. it sure would be nice to have the music slowly fade under the announcers, but there's no way to do this. we have to set the audio mixer slider for the ddr to manual and have someone slowly pull it down with the mouse while the announcers start the talking.

chribba
10-05-2005, 09:44 AM
Then we need to have this NEWTEK!!! Please...

thanks
chribba

ScorpioProd
10-07-2005, 02:22 PM
I suspect that most folks don't use live switching as their primary use of the VT.

I think that would be a surprise to Newtek since just about EVERYTHING Newtek has done this year was for LIVE SWITCHERS and NOTHING for POST-only users.

Paul Lara
10-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Then we need to have this NEWTEK!!! Please...

Well, as it stands, setting that DDR source to MAN (manual) as vanderweilen outlined is the only way to accomplish this

chribba
10-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Well, as it stands, setting that DDR source to MAN (manual) as vanderweilen outlined is the only way to accomplish this

But Paul, the aliens could build this into VT if they want to... or?

thanks
chribba