PDA

View Full Version : Rendering Interlaced

sidewing
09-27-2005, 01:14 PM
Rendering Interlaced I have to render out an animation for TV.

Question: What is the best way to render out in LW and respect the interlacing on TV?

Since NTSC is actually 60 (half) frames per sec (or: 29.97 times 2), I still put in 29.97 and select "Even frames first" in camera property.

When I check in Premiere the quality and make it back to deinterlace, I loose significan quality. Is there a way to have with 1 render both the interlaced (TV) and progressive (Computers, internet)

Any suggestions? What if I render out regularly without fields and interlace it during export via Premiere Pro (or AFX)?

Thanks,

John

MonroePoteet
09-27-2005, 04:29 PM
I always render full-frame in LW and convert to interlaced using the NLE. I use Media Studio Pro rather than Premiere, but as far as I can tell, the interlacing takes little or no time, and I can make adjustments (e.g. field order) without having to rerender.

mTp

sidewing
09-27-2005, 04:47 PM
You might be right... I will do that.

Thanks!

John

Lightwolf
09-27-2005, 05:01 PM
If you really want/need properly interlaced images (fast movement for example), and you can live with half progressive frames, then you could always render with fields, then split them any only use one filed per frame to create your progressive video.

Cheers,
Mike

Avebeno
09-27-2005, 06:24 PM
I had to do that once. Made a logo animation, but didn;t know howbig they wanted the final video, so I made it 1000 x 1000 at 60 fps, took it into After Effects at 60 fps and had it output 29.97 interlaced after it was resized...
both a progressive render for interlaced output.