PDA

View Full Version : Multi camera Blue screen

MBeck
09-26-2005, 10:26 AM
Ok. I have a few shws that aer the same setup every time. its some people sitting on stools with three fixed cameras, they talk and we switch between the cameras.

It would be nice to be able to use blue screen for these shows. The problem is that I don't know how to make the background lock to each shot. I want to make one background for each shot, so that when I switch cameras, the BG switches with it.

Is this clear? I don't know if I am wording it correctly.

Thanks!

mikkowilson
09-26-2005, 01:32 PM
not possible with a VT.. sorry.

The VT only actually has a 2 channel TBC.. and therefore you can only have 2 sources in any transition. - the 2 layers of a bluescreen shot allready use both channels.. in fact you'll have trouble transitioning even to a non-bluescreen shot from a bluescreen one.. all you can do is cut (or fade) in a DSK that's full screen.

- Mikko

Jim Capillo
09-26-2005, 03:13 PM
If the show is not live and is live to tape, you can do it in post. I have done it with ULTRA 2 (http://www.seriousmagic.com). You can cut your clips up and render them out with different backgrounds or virtual sets, then reassemble them in VTEdit for playback.

It's a very easy and quick process..... won't work live, though.

MBeck
09-26-2005, 03:14 PM
not possible with a VT.. sorry.

The VT only actually has a 2 channel TBC.. and therefore you can only have 2 sources in any transition. - the 2 layers of a bluescreen shot allready use both channels.. in fact you'll have trouble transitioning even to a non-bluescreen shot from a bluescreen one.. all you can do is cut (or fade) in a DSK that's full screen.

- Mikko

so I can cut from shot to shot? That is all I really want.

Its really strange that you can't do it... there must be a way.

IMPERIAL
09-26-2005, 04:47 PM
Hi,

It is possible...
I had the same problem and "animlab" helped me with my bad scripting .. so take a look at
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?p=255760#post255760

IMPERIAL
09-26-2005, 05:19 PM
hello again,

just forgot to ask.. is there 64bit drivers for VT3? I plan on installing winxp64bit so will VT3 work with old drivers or I will need new ones?

thanks,

Zane Condren
09-26-2005, 05:26 PM
Windows x64 requires 64 bit drivers, there is no 64 bit driver availible for VT. This means you will not be able to run vt on 64 bit windows. However you could create a dual-boot setup on your machine. If you wanted to take advantage of the increase performance of 64 bit windows for other applications you need to install two setups of windows, one being 32 bit and the other being 64bit on seperate partitions of your system

MBeck
09-27-2005, 12:20 AM
Hi,

It is possible...
I had the same problem and "animlab" helped me with my bad scripting .. so take a look at
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?p=255760#post255760
Hey, Thanks! I will give this a try!

mikkowilson
09-27-2005, 04:15 AM
When I refer to a "transition" that also includes cuts. In Normal operation the VT can't even do cuts between sets of chromakeys..
Looks like someone has a workaround figured out though. - I presume it only works on gelocked sources?

One harhware workaround would be ot have an external RGB (with seperate BNCs for each channel) vertical interval switcher (like a Kramer..) and have the foregounrds running on the R channel, the backgrounds (coming from DVD players for example..) running on the G channel. Then pipe the 2 outputs intot he VT and key there. - so youd' simultaniosly vut between forgrounds and backgrounds goign into one keyer - again you need eveythign in sync though. (but there is a 2 channel TBC from DataVideo that woudl do that..) Hmm.. ok side-tracked again..

- Mikko

MBeck
09-27-2005, 07:24 AM
When I refer to a "transition" that also includes cuts. In Normal operation the VT can't even do cuts between sets of chromakeys..
Looks like someone has a workaround figured out though. - I presume it only works on gelocked sources?

One harhware workaround would be ot have an external RGB (with seperate BNCs for each channel) vertical interval switcher (like a Kramer..) and have the foregounrds running on the R channel, the backgrounds (coming from DVD players for example..) running on the G channel. Then pipe the 2 outputs intot he VT and key there. - so youd' simultaniosly vut between forgrounds and backgrounds goign into one keyer - again you need eveythign in sync though. (but there is a 2 channel TBC from DataVideo that woudl do that..) Hmm.. ok side-tracked again..

- Mikko

So your saying that all my sources need to be genlocked exernaly from my toaster?

So I can do transitions (fades, wipes) and cuts?

mikkowilson
09-27-2005, 02:24 PM
There will still be limitations, but jump cuts (like switching presets) shoudl be clean.

The VT will ONLY sync 2 analog sources. period. It would be nice to be able to use 2 live sources and 2 DDRs for multicamera keying.. but unfortunaly it doesn't work that way.

I wish that there was a menu setting that you could use to tell the VT that you where working with genlocked sources, that would enable direct cutting on the bus (which there ins't right now..) coupled with a few switcher presets you'd be all set.

- Mikko

MBeck
09-27-2005, 02:36 PM
There will still be limitations, but jump cuts (like switching presets) shoudl be clean.

The VT will ONLY sync 2 analog sources. period. It would be nice to be able to use 2 live sources and 2 DDRs for multicamera keying.. but unfortunaly it doesn't work that way.

I wish that there was a menu setting that you could use to tell the VT that you where working with genlocked sources, that would enable direct cutting on the bus (which there ins't right now..) coupled with a few switcher presets you'd be all set.

- Mikko
What?

I don't know what you mean at all.

Sorry.

mikkowilson
09-28-2005, 01:52 AM
You can only transition or cut from one source to another OR do a chromakey, therefore you CAN NOT do multicamera chormakey properly in VT

IF you have genlocked cameras AND a workaround patch, THEN you could do CUTS ONLY.

- Mikko

MBeck
09-28-2005, 07:27 AM
Ok. Thanks, that helps. :)