PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles LightWave Users Group Meeting

JVitale
09-24-2005, 07:55 PM
We have a meeting Sunday September 25 at 2pm. at the Studio Arts located on the grounds of the River center and Gardens...

Directions to the center can be found on our website under the location tab:

The website will be overhauled and the agenda will be posted tonight I hope. ...
But come to the meeting 'cause we always have tips, tricks, food, drinks,and good stuff to show

$5 at the door. we hope to see you there

staigerman
10-16-2005, 07:02 PM
We have a meeting Sunday September 25 at 2pm. at the Studio Arts located on the grounds of the River center and Gardens...

Directions to the center can be found on our website under the location tab:

The website will be overhauled and the agenda will be posted tonight I hope. ...
But come to the meeting 'cause we always have tips, tricks, food, drinks,and good stuff to show

$5 at the door. we hope to see you there

Heya Jessica, when's the October meeting? I'd love to come up and present what's new in PD Pro 3.5 - I just did at the San Diego U/G. And Roger Cotton was impressed, he even handed me his credit card in the midst of the presentation LOL that was so funny. Threw it right onto my laptop.

Anyway, I had tried to email you but it bounced. Perhaps I have a shot this way?

I'll also be in Palm Desert at the Let's Computer PC user group meeting, large auditorium and audience, 10,000 membership I hear, 250 people capacity usually fills up. Oct. 25 Tuesday

And are you guys doing something at MacFair? It's Nov. 4/5, I'm having a vendor table (TheBest3D.com) to focus on Carrara but would love to also have your group's flyers there if you want to participate. No fee.

Stephen Burns (San Diego LWUG and SD Photoshop UG) will also be there.

We're doing seminars Saturday Nov. 5. The expo is on the 5th only.

-Philip

JVitale
10-19-2005, 01:40 AM
hi Philip

October meeting is this Sunday...Will you be able to present?...

You can email me at [email protected]

thanks

staigerman
10-19-2005, 08:00 AM
Sunday October 23? yes I believe I can. I'll see if Dan Ritchie can make it too.

DigiLusionist
10-19-2005, 08:18 PM
Phillip, thanks for your assistance. PD Pro is awesome. I'm not a 2D artist but I use Photoshop extensively. PD Pro is a GREAT tool. It's a cross between Painter and Mirage and Maya's Paint Effects.

I'm swamped with my game dev stuff but I have been watching some of the tutes and will start writing a review sometime next week. I'll submit it to CGTalk when done.

By the way... When will you be returning my credit card..?

staigerman
10-19-2005, 08:59 PM
By the way... When will you be returning my credit card..?

ah.... krhzzz.... (helo? .....) .. khrzzz... sorry, bad connection.... the weather here in the Bahamas is no good krhzzzz ... --ey closed the airport. You'll have to wait a few wekks.... khrzz.... helo?!.. ------

JVitale
10-19-2005, 10:19 PM
Sunday October 23? yes I believe I can. I'll see if Dan Ritchie can make it too.

Thank you...see you Sunday then

JVitale
11-15-2005, 11:30 PM
Hello Folks

For our final meeting of the year, we are proud to have as our guest speaker Jay Roth, Newtek's President of 3D Division. He'll be here to talk about LightWave and answer some questions...

Larry Shultz will talk a little about his new series "Gertting Started with Endomorphs". For a sample click this link. Requires quicktime.

http://www.3dtrainingonline.com/examples/roller_coaster.mov

Meeting is one Sunday November 20 at 2pm...Location directions can be found on our site. The site will be updated shortly...Donuts and coffee will be served...$5 at the door. please try to bring exact change...

It'll be an exciting meeting and we hope to see you there