PDA

View Full Version : Trouble registering Vue 5

Mr. Limpet
09-24-2005, 04:45 PM
I bought the upgrade to LW9 that included Vue 5 as a bundle.
When I try to register Vue 5 to get a permanent serial number it asks for my Lightwave serial. I entered the serial number from my Lightwave 8 install disk but I get the error "Invalid Lightwave Serial Number" from the Vue 5 registration site. Has anyone had similar problems? Tried my License Key, Product Lock and an old serial number from LW6 all to no evail. My current serial number is a 10 digit number, no spaces or punctuation. Has the serial number format changed? Did I get a new serial number for 9 that I am supposed to use?
Thanks for any info.

connerh
09-24-2005, 06:21 PM
There should be a serial number somewhere on the box for Vue 5 that says LW S/N, that's it. If you didn't get a box or jewel case for Vue 5, then I don't know what to tell you. All the serial numbers I needed to send to E-On were right on the case.

sammy2_nz
09-24-2005, 10:03 PM
when I finally got it to accept, it was the 10 digit number on the small sticker with the barcode that was on the case for lightwave (and on the lightwave program disc as well)

Sammy!!

Mr. Limpet
09-25-2005, 11:30 AM
Thanks Sammy and connerh. I didn't think to look on the jewel case for a Lightwave serial. Maybe this is the new serial number for LW9 when it arrives?!! I don't know, but the new serial on the jewel case worked and I am all registered and installed.
Thanks much!