PDA

View Full Version : Preferences Panel Missing Many Options

DanH
09-24-2005, 08:20 AM
My Preferences panel is messed up. Instead of being organized by categories it is just a list of settings. All of these sections were there yesterday. Not only is it missing these headings, but many of the settings are missing. I am looking specifically for the recording option Disable PGM Out While Recording. I know other programs utilize context sensitive menus and preferences, but I donít think this is the case with VT4.5. I have restarted VT, cold booted the PC, reset my configs, and auto configured but nothing makes a difference. Thank you in advance for any insight you provide. Dan.

Ron Kirby
09-24-2005, 12:06 PM
I'm using VT3, and this exact same thing happened to me early this week.
Preferences there one day...and the next only a partial list.
Ron

Scott Bates
09-24-2005, 12:39 PM
Since you (Dan) tried everything I would have suggested including reseting configs, it sounds like it may be time for both of you to do a VT reinstall (after checking with tech support first). I never saw that problem with VT[3] and don't recall reading about anyone else having it (but then my brain cells have aged some since those days). :(

Scrut
09-24-2005, 05:29 PM
The same thing happened to us with VT4.5. What I did was shutdown VT, rename the preferences file to something else then when VT launched it created a new preferences file. Then re run the autoconfig utility, change the settings you need to and you should be OK.

SBowie
09-26-2005, 12:13 PM
Interesting. I've seen this occasionally with VT[3], but have never run into it with 4.x. Which file are you renaming? (I've always fixed this by reinstalling, so would be pleased not to have to do so...)

Scrut
09-27-2005, 02:56 AM
The file is C:\VT4\Skins\Preferences\Preferences for toaster (Build 5926).script.

Rename it to .old or something so that you can go back if necessary. When VT4 restarts it will produce a fresh script file.

SBowie
09-27-2005, 04:29 PM
Cool - I hope I never have to do it, but thanks :)

DanH
09-28-2005, 09:34 AM
Thank you--renaming the file worked great!