PDA

View Full Version : Joint Morph Plus with IK not working

cedox
09-24-2005, 06:15 AM
I have calve bone rotational axis controlling a single endomorph. The leg is IK'ed. I have the axis and the numbers correct. To test this I pulled on the rotational axis while IK was on. As the pulling is stronger than the IK, bone rotated as FK and the endomorph was activated.

This doesn't happen with IK, even though the rotation numbers match the ones that worked when I pulled the rotator. Also tested it without IK activated and worked fine.

I saw a thread with similar IK settings I had, but the last reply was 'It works now, without any plugins.' No info how it was fixed. Could someone lend me a hand here, please

- Cedox

cedox
09-24-2005, 11:03 AM
Ok, helpful people from #lw3d told me that JointMorph does not work with full-time IK. It has something to do with the order lightwave and plugins handle the IK (After IK, before IK..)

So one suggestion was to use motion baker to keyframe bone movements of bones that need to control endomorphs. Another was to use full-time IK for setups and then turn it off without baking. Dunno how the latter works, though, because as when I turn it off all the IK action using that full-time IK whole IK chain stops working. Decided using baking style as I didn't learn the secon properly. Motion baking might be bad for bigger projects, but not sure yet.

- Cedox

Dodgy
09-24-2005, 12:24 PM
Works with IK for me....

Did you set the first value to
Angle = 0
Morph = (base)
Percentage= 100

And the second value to
Angle = (whatever the bone angle is when you want it on)
Morph = (name of your morph)
Percentage= 100%

Try that and it should work.

cedox
09-24-2005, 02:46 PM
Almost same, except bone angle went from negative to more negative due to translations in bonechain.

Also morphmixer says: Could not create data object for LW_MorphMixer plug-in. Could not load instance data.

- Cedox

Dodgy
09-24-2005, 02:52 PM
So my method worked? or not?

If it didn't, you can use negative values too.... Still works :) But you do need to set two values, not just one.

cedox
09-24-2005, 07:36 PM
So my method worked? or not?

If it didn't, you can use negative values too.... Still works :) But you do need to set two values, not just one.

No it didn't. Thank you for helping me with it, but like I said it works without IK, so I have to have 2 values already for it to work. If you want you can try if you get it work with a full set IK chain, with point to targets and full-time IK. There were people saying it doesn't work with full-time IK.

I can post scene if you want to help by checking it out.

- Cedox

Dodgy
09-24-2005, 09:34 PM
I tried it with a full time chain and it worked, so there ust be something odd with your setup. The guys on the forum were incorrect. Send me your scene and I'll fix it..

cedox
09-25-2005, 12:14 AM
My webhotel and webmail are down for some reason. I'll give the linky when I get it back up. Thanks so much for help!

Edit: Got it working. I can add morphmixer now and JointMorph works with IK. I don't know the reason(probably obvious to hc animators), but the cause was skelegons forgotten inside the model. Thanks for helping again!

Edit2: Ran into some more basic type problems with animation movements setup. I will add videoclip of this action later when my webhosting is back up.

Basically I need(can't think of any other way) to edit morph during an leg movement animation where heel moves up to meet butt. Even with weightmaps, muscle flexing and joint compensation the back of knee joint area overlaps; calve goes inside thigh. This is where I need endomorphs to flatten and widen calve muscle to simulate muscles colliding together.

Because the model is high poly(can't make it low-poly subpatched) I can't really make the edit at the end of the animation where heel meets butt. But I'd rather need to make endomorph every time knee joint is getting too cramped. There is no problem in doing that. But when I want to move from cramp situation to next the bones deform the model according to new endomorph and the result is chaos. If on the other hand I don't use the first endomorph then the first endomorph isn't in effect(obviously) and the editing becomes too cramped.

If you didn't understand one sentence of this you can wait for me to upload the vidcap. Thanks for reading.

- Cedox

lino.grandi
09-25-2005, 03:24 AM
There were people saying it doesn't work with full-time IK.

I can post scene if you want to help by checking it out.

- Cedox

It works fine. Please post your scene.

cedox
09-25-2005, 03:45 AM
It works fine. Please post your scene.

Hey I posted I already got it working :) Also posted what was the problem. Ran into new ones now.