PDA

View Full Version : pricing for animation

fabmedia
05-02-2003, 07:37 PM
I have a 3D animation project that I've been asked to bid upon. It's 10 seconds long, and will involved output to video NTSC. I need to quote as there are no unknowns (yeah right), but I'm having trouble coming up with a figure. The product is a machine and the animation is to show how this machine works and give some detail.

I have to model and animate. Any ideas? Should I charge per second, the project, a different amount for rendering, etc.?

Thanks in advance!

Arlen

jcupp
05-03-2003, 05:54 PM
I base animation job prices on how much time it is going to take to do rather than final length. This is sometimes difficult to estimate ahead of time. I usually do it on the bases of how many 'half days' I think it will take me to model and animate then add on an hourly figure for rendering. I ask for $500 a day and my computer gets $25 / hour for rendering.

fabmedia
05-03-2003, 07:45 PM
I think it'll take about 1-2 days to model the item. And about 3-4 days to animate. If that.

Is it an industry standard to alot up to 10 minutes per frame for rendering as a worst case scenario?

A