PDA

View Full Version : Using Tricaster AVI's in other Apps

ryanneves
09-23-2005, 09:05 AM
I used my tricaster for the first time the other night, I was very impressed, I recorded to the Hard Drive 2 1hour clips. When I went in the next day to edit the clips, it was taking forever to "Conform" the clips to allow editing.

So I took the AVI files and imported them into Premiere Pro 1.5 to edit. (I did have to install the tricaster codec from the ivga cd to import them in)

From there the video was Flipped Horizontally, and I have to render the whole clip to make it work in Premiere. The render I assume is because the clip is 720 x 486 instead of 720 x 480, but I was concerned about the video being fliped around.....anyone have something like this happened, or know why the tricaster editor was taking so long to conform it's own video.

ryanneves

StephenW
09-23-2005, 11:49 AM
I believe that is fixed and will be available in the upcomming software patch.

Paul Lara
09-26-2005, 07:21 AM
Correct. Look for this fix to be out this week! :thumbsup:

ryanneves
09-29-2005, 08:19 PM
What about the issue of "Conforming in the Edit View" I've got 2 hours of footage to edit and it's taking forever to "conform it". Even on the BETA patch.

Paul Lara
09-30-2005, 01:52 PM
...it's taking forever to "conform it". Even on the BETA patch.

Yes, that is being investigated now, and is one of the reasons the patch has not graduated from beta to GOLD. Thanks for your patience!

xerxesnon
10-19-2005, 08:44 AM
We have also noticed that attempting to directly import Tricaster AVIs into Windows Media Encoder to dump down to WMV is also not working.

You recieve the error message "One or more codecs could not be found...." - even though the Tricaster Codec is installed. We can play the AVIs on the machine - we just can't re-encode to WMV.

As a workaround, we have to load it into our VT4 box, render out a new AVI, then we are good from there.

Is this something that is being addressed in the Tricaster patch?

Paul Lara
10-19-2005, 09:32 AM
Is this something that is being addressed in the Tricaster patch?

Would you care to see if that's been resolved?
If so, please e-mail me ([email protected])