PDA

View Full Version : Texture Artist

AJGoodwin
09-23-2005, 08:54 AM
I have a few models that I may want to have textured. Staight up, I hate texturing. I will post the images later, and would appreciate quotes. The models are already segmented into multiple surfaces and UV's, but I really hate "detailing each". So any comments or offers would be appreciated. I don't care of they need to be adjsuted surface wise to be more efficient, just need to keep the mesh intact.

AJ Goodwin

AJGoodwin
09-23-2005, 09:00 AM
Lets start with this model. I do have some changes to make to the structure before texturing, but for the most part it is done. This just give an idea of the size of the project. I can certainly post more later.

Valor has about 42 UV maps, and I put in the basic bump mapping, which I think is pretty average. If you want to tackle this one, give me an example of you work, and also a price quote and time frame.

Thanks - AJ

If this turns out to be beneficial to me, I have three more ship models that will need it. Perhaps more. One is already done, the second near done, and a third still need to be built.

99sproth
09-24-2005, 03:19 PM
Hi

I'm interested.

What kind of res are talking about for the mapping? And what "look" are you going for?

Drop me an email and we can talk details.

Cheers

Simon

al3d
09-26-2005, 10:31 AM
Can we ask what are the mesh for?...and an average of the budjet you have for each mesh?..

THanks

AJGoodwin
09-26-2005, 11:57 AM
The mesh is for full CGI, related to a video project I am doing with a mix of animation and composite live action. Level of quality should be similar to Serenity, BSG, or other production texturing levels for movie and TV, realism in the plan here.

The model above has about 42 UV images, most are symetric, or mirrors of the one on the other side [a flipped map], the only reason there are two is to account for possible text. Most of the Bump UVs that are currently on the model are 1024x1024, though I know some are larger. The intended project has a time frame of about 1 month once it is started. The model would have to be textured in that time. It will either get started in about 2 weeks, or in January, one of my associates will be out of the works for a while which will put this project on temporary hold.

As for the budget, I am taking bids, so it is whatever myself and the indivdual doing the work agree on. I am aware of some of the potential costs from websites I have already looked at.

As for how this will work out, I will decide in a few weeks if I intend to pay someone to do this or take it on myself. I am still undecided. Seeing your demos is a good place to start, you are welcome to email me your work at...

[email protected]

if you do not want to discuss it openly here. Links are fine, and images under 2MB.

Budget is open to negotiation. I am also open to remapping the entire object as only one or two maps, if that gets the job done. Which ever is most efficient, and cost effective. I will also prep the model ahead of time so that the surfaces are ready for whomever; in the fashion that is preferable.

AJ Goodwin
Racing Snail Graphics, Inc.
Milwaukee, WI

AJGoodwin
10-04-2005, 08:03 AM
Thank you to all who have sent me private emails and also weblinks. We have decided the route we are going to take and thank all that submitted work. There are a lot of talented people out there too choose from, and that is good to know.

-AJ Goodwin
Racing Snail Graphics, Inc.
Milwaukee, WI