PDA

View Full Version : Ok DVD encoding is getting weird

randallstu
09-22-2005, 06:42 PM
I am using TMPGEnc 2.54 with VT 4.5. I encode it right I am pretty sure but when I bring it into DVDit Pro 6 I get a message that says "One or more files aren't DVD legal, it may require transcoding". In Reel DVD 3.1 I get an error message that says: " Error: # of Fields (900) in GOP (#1) or between sequence_header_code should be equal or smaller than 36". And in Encore 1.5 no problem and DVD Workshop 2SE no problem.
I really would like to use Reel DVD and DVDit Pro 6.

anyone use these programs and have this problem that can help out.
randallstu

mcabery
09-22-2005, 08:39 PM
I have had the same error. There is a setting wrong in Tmpgenc. I am not at my machine at the moment and I can't remember exactly where the field is that needs to be changed. You might try loading a pre-existing setup into Tmpgenc and just changing what you need. I will check back tomorrow and see if it is working for you.... But there is a cure, so don't sweat!

randallstu
09-22-2005, 10:22 PM
Please get back to me as I don't know what it could be.
Randallstu

ScorpioProd
09-23-2005, 10:25 AM
Be sure you have "Use closed GOP for edit" checked on the GOP page.

mcabery
09-23-2005, 11:28 AM
I am in the office now... I believe what you need to do is go to the GOP Structure tab and make sure the field that is called "Output interval of sequence header" is set to 1.

Hope that's it!

randallstu
09-23-2005, 05:18 PM
Ok got the TMPEnc encoder working with these programs. But when I clicked on the close GOP for edit it didn't work, sorry ScorpioProd, and when I set the output interval of sequence header to 1 it did work. When I did both is still worked, so I am thinking the clicking on the GOP closed for edit doesn't really do anything as far as my problem is concern.

Could you explain more what it should do and what it is ScorpioProd? thanks guys you did it.

Randallstu

ScorpioProd
09-23-2005, 08:39 PM
The "Output bitstream for edit (closed GOP)" does just what the help bubble for it says. I remember early on that some authoring program definately did have a problem if that wasn't set, I'm not sure which one that was, though. It was a few years ago. I always leave it set on.

As for the output interval sequence header setting, that has always been a "1" for me, so I'm not sure why yours wasn't a "1" to begin with. (My original settings just came from the standard template years ago.)

randallstu
09-24-2005, 11:05 AM
Thanks ScorpioPOd. That helps
Randallstu

mcabery
09-24-2005, 02:40 PM
Glad this solved your problem! It sure had me wondering when it happened here... I don't know how the number got changed in my settings either... Perhaps sun spots!