PDA

View Full Version : Segment memory and MAC screamernet?

HowardM
05-02-2003, 03:36 PM
Small problem....
My config files on all nodes, especially the correct Preferences>Library folder have my segment memory set to 90 megs, yet when I render using Screamernet the nodes all use 3 segments....when they should be rendering at 1.

yes, theyve got enough memory!

So where is it actually reading the config file for screamernet if its not rendering correct?!

thanks!

HowardM
05-02-2003, 04:44 PM
(':mad:')

^@$!^^$!!!!%^* I am SO sick of the hacks that are a program called LW!

I rebooted, double checked the prefs, and did a test...well...now the host with a node renders 1 segment, but the other computer with 2 nodes (dual cpu) renders 3 segments still....WHAT THE F*** is going on?!

The 2 nodes are seeing the correct drive, correct directories, and even scenes and objects....but still doesnt read the correct config, right? otherwise it would render 1 segment!?

ya know, i love LW, i really do, I just really hate this crap....why must EVERYTHING with LW have SOME problem?!?!

I hope to god that 8 is written better.:mad: :mad:

Lewis
05-02-2003, 07:19 PM
Oh i feel yuor PAIN :)

I even didn't get my screamernet to work :(. I tryed few times but i just hate all that moving, maping, replacing configs and so many text lines like i'am working in early 90's and pure DOS :(.

I reall hope there will be easyer setup (imagine that you need to surface model with commandline like "makesrf -c RGB 56 78 98 -d doublesided ....." - that's similar how screamernet works now?? It's just to damn long to setup it and for me totaly unconvinient :(. Any muse point and click network render setup guys :)?

hcoat
05-02-2003, 11:00 PM
I just fix this problem on my computer. If there is mistake in the command line it will use LW's default of 8MB to render. My problem was that I had left out spaces in the command line. (-2-c) It should have been (-2 -c). -c should point to where your config files are locate. By default this is located at Users:username:Library:Preferences.
It uses the information from the LightWave Layout 3 Prefs for the segment memory.

this link has step by step guide to setting up screamernet. It also has a better way of setting things up, one I wish I would have know the first time I setup LWSN.

www.the-worms-of-art.com (http://www.the-worms-of-art.com)

Good Luck