PDA

View Full Version : DDR keyboard shortcuts/Contour Shuttle

mikkowilson
09-22-2005, 09:52 AM
I've spent the last hour or so reading through the archives, with some luck, but nothign really definative.

I am setting up a VT[4] for a High School studio. Idea is of course to get students on varius tasks: so one with a RS-8 to be the switcher, etc...

I'm trying to figure out the best way to set up 2 Contour shuttles (prolly the Express [cheaper, only need transport controls]) to run 2 DDRs - so emulate 2 real decks. ..to actaully have physical lables on the shuttles for which DDR they run.

Is this possible, and how? I'm not aware of dedicated sets of keyboard shortcuts for individual DDRs.. (which would be the easiest). Is there a way of dooing this? I saw coments of a TS that could do this, true?

What keyboard shortcuts are available in DDRs in general? (I can't find a list and I don't have a VT handy at the moment)

Thanks!
- Mikko

PIZAZZ
09-22-2005, 03:25 PM
I've spent the last hour or so reading through the archives, with some luck, but nothign really definative.

I am setting up a VT[4] for a High School studio. Idea is of course to get students on varius tasks: so one with a RS-8 to be the switcher, etc...

I'm trying to figure out the best way to set up 2 Contour shuttles (prolly the Express [cheaper, only need transport controls]) to run 2 DDRs - so emulate 2 real decks. ..to actaully have physical lables on the shuttles for which DDR they run.

Is this possible, and how? I'm not aware of dedicated sets of keyboard shortcuts for individual DDRs.. (which would be the easiest). Is there a way of dooing this? I saw coments of a TS that could do this, true?

What keyboard shortcuts are available in DDRs in general? (I can't find a list and I don't have a VT handy at the moment)

Thanks!
- Mikko

Mikko

I have the ToasterScript you need. It ties all the modules together and allows you very effectively use the dedicated shortcuts for each DDR.

We use it on our VJLive systems. One thing though is... since we fled the Rita Hurricane. My VJLive boxes are all in the truck still.

Might be Monday before I can get one fired up and copy the script for you.

Shoot me an email at
jef at pizazzme dot com
so I can forward them to you.

mikkowilson
09-22-2005, 06:18 PM
Jef,
Thankyou very much. :-) ...this forum rocks!

Don't worry too much about this right now.. (our system is still on order..haven't even ordered the Contours yet.. I was mostly confirming the possibilty) ..you've got enough to deal with at the moment I'm sure.. good luck keeping safe and dry.

I'll shoot you a mail in a week or so about it.

Thanks again,
- Mikko